Lisvane Tennis Club was founded in 1985. The current site was bought freehold from Wales Gas in 1986 . The site was cleared and the existing three courts were built in 1988. In 2003 the stand alone Lisvane Tennis Club merged with Cardiff Athletic Club (founded in 1923 www.cardiffathleticclub.co.uk) following the loss of their existing tennis section. Since amalgamation, the ground has benefited from a number of improvements, the most significant of which was the building of a new clubhouse (comprises changing rooms, disabled toilet, store room, kitchen, large clubroom and an outside disabled toilet and a large balcony overlooking three courts), opened by the Cardiff Athletic Club President, Bleddyn Williams in April 2004. In addition, the existing three courts have been progressively upgraded to full LTA requirements in terms of lighting, surface and marking and as a result the Tennis Section is able to host home matches in the various leagues in which it competes throughout the year.
In September 2016 two additional floodlit courts with disabled access were opened.