The document sets out how the club satisfies the processing requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which comes into force on 25th May 2018
How we collect your information:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership; when you make enquiries on our website; when you interact with us during your time as a member (for example, when you sign up for a club competition, or volunteer to help with club activities or events).
- From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example, a family member who has provided us with your contact details for the purpose of membership). This applies to all junior members, as a parent’s or guardians’ contact details will always be required.
The information we collect:
Contact information: Name, Address, email address, Telephone number(s). Date of birth, particularly for all juniors.
All this data is held securely on the ClubSpark database (provided by Sportslabs Technology Ltd). Access to the ClubSpark database is limited to appointed club administrators (currently the Membership Secretary, Treasurer and Chairman) and is password protected.
The data will also be held by the club’s Membership Secretary
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this - for example, so that we can cater for you when you take part in a tennis course or tennis camp or when you attend a club social event. These details may be shared, if appropriate, with the club’s tennis coach.
How we use personal data:
- Administration of your club membership
In addition, if you have given your consent:
- Administration of the club’s Wimbledon Ballot
- Communication about our club activities in newsletters via your email address
- Communications from our Club Captains about playing in teams and other club competitions
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. However, there are some communications that we need to send you even if you have not opted in for club newsletters. Examples of these essential communications: payment acknowledgements; membership renewal reminder; notice about formal meetings; information about court closures.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and your contact details by contacting the Membership Secretary via email: [email protected] or by telephone (evenings only): 01962 776025
You can also update your preferences and/or contact details by signing in to the club’s website; www.littletontennisclub.co.uk and going to your ‘Profile', where you will be able to edit your profile and consents.
Third Parties: The club does not provide any personal data to other third parties.
How long your information is kept:
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means that we keep your data for as long as you have a valid club membership and for a period of six months after your last interaction with us unless you indicate otherwise when your membership ends.
You have the right:
- to request access to your personal data. This entitles you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- to request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have corrected any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or use it.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we are processing your personal data, you can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk
23rd May 2018