Court Booking Rules and Etiquette
All users, visitors and spectators should read and follow the court booking rules, rules of the club and respect the club's policies on safeguarding and welfare of all users of the club:
Covid19 Rules for Safe Play & Social Distancing
If you, or anyone in your household, have shown COVID 19 symptoms in the past 14 days, please DO NOT PLAY.
Maintain social distancing (2 metres) at all times.
If you, or anyone in your household, develop COVID 19 symptoms after playing at the club (within 7 days), you must inform the club, via email [email protected]
- (Updated) - Singles play, doubles play and coaching, between different households, is allowed.
- (Updated) - Courts must be booked in advance using the club online booking system or mobile app. (All player details must be completed online, to comply with Track & Trace protocols).
- Each player may book a maximum of one hour per day. Each match (singles or doubles) must last no longer than 2 hours.
- (Updated) - No more than 16 people should be in attendance at the club, other than for official, supervised, club tennis sessions, which have a maximum limit of 30 people.
- There will be no access to the pavilion, toilets or other facilities. First Aid will only be available when a coach is in attendance.
- (Updated) - Players are advised to bring their own equipment and a good supply of fluids. However, it is permitted to share equipment. We would advise cleaning all equipment before and after use. These items must be removed from the court when the booking ceases.
- Players must arrive no later than 10 minutes before their court booking time and should follow the one-way system (keeping to the right), to wait safely in the patio area, in the marked area for their court.
- If players arrive less than 10 minutes before their court booking time, they must wait a safe distance away from the club, until the players from the previous booking have safely exited the club.
- Players should make use of the anti-bacterial gel dispensers inside the external gate and by the internal court gates.
- Players should enter the courts via the low gate, adjacent to the patio area, only when the previous players have exited the court area. Players should walk alongside the rear fence, until they reach their court. If necessary, other players on court should pause playing and stand safely on the service T, in the centre of the court, until arriving players have passed.
- Players should cease playing five minutes before the end of their booking.
- Players should leave the court via the central gate and exit the club via the steps, at the rear of Llantonian Hall, again staying to the right through the external gate. Please do not congregate after playing.
- Players should not touch or adjust the net. Net heights will be set at the start of each week and winders will be removed.
- (Updated) - When changing ends, players should pass at opposite sides of the net.
- One parent/guardian/family member, who wishes to stay during a child’s coaching session, can stand (or sit, if they bring their own chair) safely behind their child’s court, at the Bowls Club end of the court.
For further details of the Tennis Wales guidelines, please click the link here: