We go back way back!
Founded in 1883 as a lacrosse club on the Forest Recreation Ground (Nottingham’s Racecourse), the club soon switched to tennis and, by 1888 had moved to our present site between Magdala Road and Mapperley Road. Past members have included a Wimbledon doubles champion and a Nottingham Forest and England footballer!
The present clubhouse was built in 1936 and the land on which it stands was purchased in 1944.
A fifth grass court was added in 1920 and in 1958 the two courts furthest from Woodborough Road were converted to hard courts. The grass was replaced with all-weather carpet in 1987/8 and floodlights first appeared in 1994.
Bringing us up to date
We now have:
- an online court booking system
- three all-weather courts and two hard courts with floodlights for evenings and all-year-round play
- one court set up for Pickleball play with bats and balls available
- a kitchen and bar
- seating area in the clubhouse
- seating areas behind the courts
- table tennis table, balls, and racquets
- changing rooms, toilets, and showers
Meet the Committee (2023)
The club is managed by directors and a committee elected annually by its members. The management team members are all volunteers.
|Website and Marketing