Jimmy Wood is our expert tennis coach and is a LTA Level 3 Licensed Coach.
He has played at junior, international level and at county level.
From Jimmy :
Happy new year and all the best for 2018. Thanks again to everyone who attended the previous coaching block. We experienced some challenging weather but everyone survived....just;-) Check out the 2018 Spring term coaching programme below.
I will be continuing the same format as the previous term. Unless otherwise stated, coaching class costs are as follows: £50 for the 10 week block (£5 per session) commencing on Monday 8 January to Friday 23 March (half term break is Monday 12 to Friday 16 February) (£7 pay and play per class available for adults only).
- All attendees MUST BE MEMBERS of the club.
- Please BOOK via Merchiston LTC Clubspark - https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/MerchistonLTC
- All players should attend the same group as the previous block unless indicated otherwise.
- Classes will not run with less than 4 players.
- Classes will only be cancelled if the courts are unplayable. If coaching is cancelled due to bad weather I will offer offer one refund. In the event of further cancellations I will offer an alternative equivalent class on another day.
- To ease administration and allocate coaching resources, it will not be possible to pay and play for junior coaching sessions with the exception of the girls and boys match play which is still £2 pay and play.
- Pay and play is still available for adult coaching sessions.
- Coaching class costs are as follows: £50 for the 10 week block (£5 per session).
- I also offer Individual/Group lessons for £25 per hour.
- Development squads will run from Saturday 13 January to Saturday 24 March and costs are as follows: £50 for the 10 week block and payable in advance from week one session.
- PLEASE DO NOT PAY VIA 'STRIPES' ON OUR CLUBSPARK WEBSITE. Bank transfer would be most appreciated. Bank:HSBC/Account name: J Wood/Sort Code: 40-03-00/Account Number: 11544276. Please reference name of player and class/es.
- If paying by cheque please make payable to J Wood and write the name of player and class/es on reverse.
- If this is the first time you or your child are going to attend the classes, please complete and return the attached form in advance and return to J Wood, 42 Findhorn Place, Edinburgh, EH9 2NT.
Spring term coaching programme
Monday:3.45-4.30: Girls Red ball.
Monday: 4.30-5.30: Yellow ball.
Monday: 5.30-6.30: Girls match play (10 yrs +) for £2 pay and play.
Tuesday, 5-6: Orange ball
Tuesday, 6-7: Green/Yellow ball
Tuesday, 7-8: Cardio Tennis
Tuesday, 8-9: Adults - Advanced
Wednesday, 4-5: Girls - Beginners/Improvers
Thursday, 4-5: Mini/Red ball
Thursday, 5-6: Orange ball/Green ball
Friday, 10-11: Adults - Improvers
Friday, 3-4: Mini/Red ball
Friday, 4-5: Orange/Green ball
Friday, 5-6: Mixed match play (8 yrs +) for £2 pay and play
Saturday, 1-2: Orange/Green ball development squad (by invitation)
Saturday, 2-3: Yellow ball under 14 and 16 boys development squad (by invitation)
Saturday, 3-4: Yellow ball under 14 and 16 girls development squad (by invitation)