Learn and Play
Love to learn, learn to play, play to compete
Coaching for both adults and children is provided by Coach Ollie Toms who is a fully licensed Level 3 LTA coach (DBS checked and first aid qualified).
His aim is to provide social and competitive tennis for people of all ages and abilities in a friendly and enjoyable environment. Novice players of any age are always welcome and club membership is not needed to join a coaching programme.
Social tennis is a regular club feature. New adult players are able to mix in with the regulars and enjoy doubles or singles play if courts are available at Club-nights in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
All members young or old can book a court and play as often as they wish (subject to court availability) – courts are free of charge for club members. Current social tennis sessions are as follows:
- Men’s informal doubles – Saturday 9-11 am. Social tennis for all from 11am. Just turn up, you’ll always get a game.
- Ladies coaching - Tuesdays 9.30-11 am (Contact Ollie Toms for further details)
- Social Tennis for all, Thursdays from April 12 2015 from 6pm whilst the light lasts
- Social Tennis for all Sunday 9-11 am 11-1 pm (Subject to change - necessary for Matches Mixed and Men’s Doubles)
- Cardio Tennis Wednesday 2-3pm (Contact Ollie Toms for further details)
- Mens team in the Essex Small Clubs League (Premier Divsion) Summer and Winter
- Mixed team in the Essex Small Clubs League (Division 2) Summer and Winter
- Annual club competition
- Junior tournaments throughout the year (arranged by Coach Ollie Toms)
- Hospital cup http://hospitalcup.org/