UPDATE: New Nationwide Tier 4 Restrictions 4th January 2021
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 4 January of new national lockdown restrictions to be introduced across England, the LTA can confirm that regrettably all indoor and outdo or tennis facilities will need to close.
The Government has confirmed that elite sport is able to continue in line with the strict protocols and measures that are in place for it.
Organised outdoor sport for disabled people is also allowed to continue, and we will provide further detail on this once we have information from Government.
The LTA believes tennis is a naturally socially distanced sport that is safe to play and gives people of all ages the opportunity to exercise with friends or relatives. Tennis is important for people’s physical and mental health and we will continue to liaise with the Government to ask them to allow players back on court as soon as possible.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Please note you can sign up for FREE, this will allow you to book courts 2 days in advance but if you pay £50 you will become a Pavilion member, our Membership Benefits include,
- New Mobile Friendly booking system
- Pay for courts and floodlights all online
- Members can book 7 days in advanced
- Discounted Tennis court Prices from £5.50/ph, non members pay £7ph.
- Access to our tournaments and teams
- Access to social functions
- Join the LTA as a Pavilion member for free.(normally £25)
- Members courts can be reserved up to 7 days in advance online.
- Everyone else courts can be reserved up to 2 days in advance online.
- Everyone else may book a maximum of 2 hours per day at any given venue.
- Members may not book two separate courts for the same hour at any given venue.
- Court bookings should be made in the name of a player who will be on the court. Players may be asked to leave the court if the named person who made the booking is not present.
- Court bookings made are for the duration of the time allotted. ie. If you are late the time is not extended.
- You are not entitled to a refund if you do not turn up for your booking(unless in an genuine emergency)
- Courts are generally available for booking from 7am to 10pm.
- The time of the first and last court booking on non-floodlit courts varies throughout the year according to daylight. The last floodlit court booking is to 10pm.
- Floodlights are not in use in the mornings.
Changing a booking
- 24 hours’ notice must be given for any re-scheduling or cancellations, otherwise no refunds will be given. Re-scheduling can only be within the next 7 days.
- Players play on court at their own risk.
- If courts are unplayable at the time of the booking, you must contact the Pavilion within 48 hours of the booking to request a refund.
- Whether re-scheduling a booking with 24 hours notice or due to the court being unplayable at the time of play, you must email your original booking confirmation to [email protected] or speak to tennis administrator.
- Unplayable court requests will not be considered ahead of the time of the booking.
Pavilion Tennis accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to personal possessions during a court booking.
For urgent queries contact the Pavilion on 020 8365 8889.
Pavilion Tennis reserve the right to alter the terms and conditions without notice.
Coronavirus update! Dear sports lovers, friends, families & customers
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LTA GUIDLINES BELOW BEFORE PLAYING.
***Please note there will be no toilet or washing facilities in pavilion***
SECTION 1: BEFORE & AFTER PLAY
STAY UP TO DATE
Government information around social distancing is available here and should
be read in full
Be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced - ensure
you have checked the latest version of the LTA’s guidelines for tennis players
on the LTA website
BEFORE LEAVING HOME & AFTER YOU RETURN
Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving
home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not
Where the facility allows, ensure you have booked a court in advance and
make payment online
Play should only take place on outdoor courts, with indoor courts and bubble
courts remaining closed
The LTA’s online booking platform has courts that can be booked in over 300
parks and clubs nationwide - the site www.lta.org.uk/rally will be live from
Wednesday 20 May
Take hand sanitizer with you
Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips,
hats and towels)
Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles
before and after use
Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials)
Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do
not leave anything on court
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM THE COURT
Avoid using public transport
Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there
Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can
Allow others to leave before you enter the court - if you need to wait then do
so away from the courts and clear of the gates
Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is
empty for the next players
Arrive changed and ready to play. Shower at home, and do not use the
venue’s changing area
Do not congregate after playing. No extra-curricular or social activity should
SECTION 2: DURING PLAY
Maximum of two people per court (singles play only). Players can be from
The only exception to the above is where a group of four players are all from
the same household in which case they can play doubles
Coached sessions should be limited to one to one coaching activity only
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
Stay at least two metres away from other players at all times (including during
play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or
Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends
at opposite sides of the net
Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
Use your own clearly marked tennis balls
Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours - use your
racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court
Avoid using other equipment such as courtside benches, net handles or court
sweepers where possible
Be aware that onsite toilet facilities may not be open. Where they are open,
players are advised to take particular care when using them
If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
Avoid touching your face
The initial focus during this phase should be on facilitating recreational and
social play, and letting players spend time practicing
Some formats of competition will be able to resume before others, and Local
Tennis Leagues and singles box leagues/ladders can be played from 13 May
as long as they adhere to the guidelines in place
All LTA staged and LTA approved competitions (grade 1 to 6) up to at least
Sunday 28th June 2020 have been cancelled
The LTA will be providing guidelines for the resumption of competitive tennis
activity in due course
Have a great game.
Management, Coaching team & Pavilion staff.