Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd is a Private Limited Company registered in Scotland.
Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd will be a "controller" of the personal information that you provide to us in your membership and Application forms.
Members' personal data:
When you register as a member of Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 16), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Relevant contact details i.e. name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.;
- Membership criteria / category – for example, child, adult, family, etc.;
- Any relevant medical information and an Emergency Contact;
- Your consent to use of Photography internally within the Club, on our website and on social media that we control i.e. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Volunteers' personal data:
When you volunteer with Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd, we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Relevant contact details – name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Other relevant personal information, for example, PVG membership, etc.
Why we need your personal information – Contractual Purposes
Members' personal data:
We need to collect our members' personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members' personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including the use of the Courts and Club Hut, to comply with our Insurance requirements and to ensure we are meeting our obligation of Safeguarding and Welfare etc;
- Set up your online membership account with LTA;
- Send you membership, Club and Coaching communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services including, but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fee information
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Participants' personal data:
When you book a place with us to attend a coaching session, competition, event etc., we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and to enable you to participate in the coaching, competition, event, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this make affect our ability to book your place and be allowed entry to the Courts.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members' personal data:
We also process our members' personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in sport by sending members' communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- Provide competition in tennis by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- Invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards ceremony/ Prize giving;
- Develop and maintain our members' qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG / child protection requirements;
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to tennis.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at Pittenweemtennissecretary@gmail.com. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Volunteers' personal data:
We will need to collect personal information relating to criminal convictions or alleged commission of criminal offences where you are required to complete a PVG check under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. This information will include your PVG certificate number, PVG membership number, date of issue and any relevant information in relation to your membership of the PVG Scheme.
If your PVG certificate is not clear, we will have a legitimate interest to collect references and any other applicable information to allow us to consider whether or not you can volunteer in a regulated role with children and/or vulnerable adults.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a volunteer.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members, volunteers, participants, etc. for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
- The Companies Act 2006 to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members' name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date on which they ceased to be our member, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements;
- The Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults;
- Our Sportscotland, Tennis Scotland and LTA regulatory requirements;
- The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary;
- Other uses of your personal information
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may share this with Educational Authorities, our internal use i.e. website and social media and for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
Members' Personal Data
As a registered Tennis club of the Lawn Tennis Association we encourage our members are members to become members of the LTA as a suggested condition of our registration and membership;
We will share your name, address and contact details with LTA who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. LTA 's privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed through their website www.lta.org.uk
Participants' personal data
We may publish the results of any competitions on our website. This includes competitors' name, age & result.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our Company Directors and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
Members and Participants personal data
We will only keep your personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 10 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or in the event of a claim against Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd;
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at 25 Viewforth Place, Pittenweem KY10 2PZ or emailing us at email@example.com.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a "subject access request";
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Pittenweem Tennis Club Ltd will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.org.uk
Why we need your personal information – marketing
Where you are happy for us to do so, we would like to contact you by email with information about tennis, our latest news and upcoming events / competitions / courses.
Byu signing an application form with us we assume you are giving us consent to communicate with you. If you do not wish to be contacted or wish to opt out then email us and we will remove you from all communications. You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at Pittenweem Tennis Club.
Once you have submitted your preferences to us, these will remain unchanged until you advise us otherwise. We will not send you an email to confirm these.