South Wales County Tennis Welcome to
Welcome from Mike Dunn, Chair of the South Wales County Committee
Welcome to the website for tennis in South Wales, where you can find information and support on places to play tennis, league competitions and tournaments to enter, and advice on a wide range of topics including club development and player welfare.
The South Wales committee consists of volunteers from clubs and other places to play across a wide area of south, west and mid-Wales, and its members are elected each autumn at an annual meeting which is open to all.
The committee seeks to support the Tennis Wales vision of tennis for all, working to ensure that opportunities are available for players of all ages and abilities at a wide variety of venues throughout the South Wales area.
The committee’s main tasks include:
- advice and support to clubs on the development and maintenance of facilities, club development and minimum standards
- the selection of representative teams for summer and winter County Cup competitions for junior and adult teams
- running the Junior County Closed tournament, the Road to Wimbledon competition and the mini and junior league competitions
- the administration of the inter-club league competitions, including the summer doubles leagues, Cymru Kitchens league and Chiltern Winter Vets league
- oversight of seniors’ tennis in South Wales, including selection of representative age group teams
How to find us
Tennis South Wales 2 Francis House CARDIFF CF10 4AN