How to find us
United Lawn Tennis Club (Hawkhurst)
13th May 2020
The Club has reopened after the change in Government guidance and clarification from the LTA. However, we are mindful of operating in as safe a way as possible, so:
- All bookings must be made on line with Club Spark up to seven days in advance.
- Court 1 is open and accessed by the East gate.
- Court 3 is open and accessed by the West gate.
- Court 2 is closed, due to social distancing.
- Play is restricted to singles, unless from the same household.
- Ollie is available for 1-to-1 coaching.
Players must conform to the LTA guidance on Equipment, sanitiser etc. https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
ABOUT THE CLUB (NB 'normal' events/facilities are resticted, due to the Coronavirus)
We are a friendly club with three floodlit hard courts and a clubhouse.
There are opportunities for all ages and standards to play at the club with coaching for all ages every week, as well as tournaments, matches and social events, all of which new members are warmly welcomed to.
Membership is open to all ages and abilities. Benefits include free floodlighting and ‘turn up and play’ club sessions, with balls provided
The club hosts an array of barbeques, social occasions and an annual Members Championship with over 100 years of heritage. Some of our trophies date back to the early 1900s . Members can also take part in inter-club competitions, with teams in both the Ashford and Kent Leagues.
We are affiliated to the LTA and members are encouraged to join British Tennis to join in the Wimbledon ballot.