As a club we are committed to ensuring that safeguarding and diversity and inclusion are embedded into our practices to provide a safe and inclusive environment for adults and children.
Our welfare officer is Clare Gardiner who can be contacted on 07920 725695 or via email on email@example.com.
Please see our displays on the noticeboard in the clubhouse for policies and procedures, or the following pages for further information.
Minchinhampton Tennis Club Safeguarding Policy Statement
Minchinhampton Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements. A copy of the club’s full safeguarding policy is displayed on our website or is available from Becky Putnam.
The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Minchinhampton Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis.
Minchinhampton Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Minchinhampton Tennis Club will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk
- encourage and maintain a culture where people feel able to raise a genuine safeguarding concern and are confident that it will be taken seriously
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation
The Club Welfare Officer, Clare Gardiner can be contacted on: 07920 725695 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The club’s policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Minchinhampton Tennis Club. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.
Anyone who does not feel comfortable raising a concern with the Club Welfare Officer should contact the LTA Safeguarding Team directly on 020 8487 7000, the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on 01452 426994 or the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000. Further details about whistleblowingcan be found in the club’s safeguarding policy.
The club’s safeguarding policy will be reviewed every two years, or sooner in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board or LTA
- as a result of any other significant change or event.
Diversity and Inclusion in Minchinhampton Tennis Club
This Policy sets out our commitment and includes our Safe and Inclusive Standards, Code of Conduct, and Reporting Procedure and it supports our overall aims for diversity and inclusion that are to ensure that:
- Tennis is diverse and inclusive
- Diversity and inclusion are embedded in our club’s culture and our behaviours
- We create a culture where inclusive leadership thrives
- We take a proactive approach using positive action to ensure that communities and individuals are valued and able to achieve their full potential.
To achieve these aims we believe that everyone involved in Tennis has a vital role to play in promoting diversity and inclusion and we ask everyone to become Safe and Inclusive Tennis Champions – proactively promoting Safe and Inclusive tennis and taking action against all forms of discrimination.
We are proud to have a Diversity and Inclusion Policy that demonstrates our commitment to making tennis diverse and inclusive. The commitment to Diversity and Inclusion is upheld by all - Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), Tennis Scotland, Tennis Wales and the Tennis Foundation.
These commitments are fully supported by the Minchinhampton Tennis Club Committee.
Together we can make a positive difference to people from different backgrounds to participate in Tennis at our club.