How to find us
Covid- 19 Spencer Park Tennis courts will re open on Saturday 16th May 2020.
Special Conditions applying to members wishing to play tennis
Government guidance in England and from the Lawn Tennis Association, to which the Spencer Park Club (SPTC) belongs, now state that tennis can restart, subject to certain restrictions. In implementing these conditions, SPTC now requires members who wish to play to agree to and observe the following requirements:
1. All courts are now open with courts 1 and 3 bookable on the hour and courts 2 and 4 on the half hour.
2. The only people permitted in the court area at any time are those from the same household or four people if from different households you can now play doubles.
3. Those members wishing to play must book a slot in advance on the club booking website. Only one one-hour booking per member can be made in advance.
4. Members must wear gloves when opening and closing the lock.
5. Players who are not from the same household must observe social distancing at all times, including whilst playing.
6. Any member not observing these special conditions will have their membership revoked
As before, the court area will be closed during wet weather.
Government guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do
Lawn Tennis Association guidance can be found at
Spencer Park Community Tennis Club (SPTC) was established in April 2016. The aim of the club is to facilitate continued use of the four tennis courts in Spencer Park given that the local authority no longer has the resources to provide staff to regulate admission to and booking of the courts. To use these facilities you have to join SPTC by either registering on this site as a family member or by sending an email request to [email protected] Membership costs £25 per year. You will be provided with the access code for the lock on the gate to the courts. Please note that the courts will not be in use if the surface is wet or icy.
This website, provided by the Lawn Tennis Association, allows you to book your court in advance. Priority use of a court will be given to those who have made a booking via this website.
Spencer Park Community Tennis Club is part of the Friends of Spencer Park, Registered Charity Number 1176323
As a member you agree: