St Helens Council and the LTA are committed to prioritising the well-being of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our parks at all times, including all programmes and events we run. This Policy strives to minimise risk, deliver a positive tennis experience for everyone and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns/disclosures.
If you believe that a child or young person is at immediate risk, you should report this without delay to the police service on 999.
If a child is not in immediate danger, you can do one of the following:
· Call the Contact Centre on (01744) 676767 and tell them that you have a concern about a child
· Outside of office hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 050 0148;
· Call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 (24 hour line);
· Discuss your concerns with a professional you can trust such as a health visitor, teacher or GP; or
· Contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000