Coronavirus Social Distancing and Protection of the Vulnerable
From Wednesday 13th May, the club will be open for singles play only.
Doubles may only be played if all players are from the same household
Courts MUST be booked beforehand via our Website or Clubspark Booking App
Members Free to book, Non-Members £5 / court / half hour – payable online
Any problems with booking please contact Jeremy Fisk on 01283 735015
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND THE TENNIS CLUB IF:
- You have been advised to self-isolate or are part of a self-isolating family
- You have any Covid 19 symptoms of a persistent cough OR high temperature.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO ONLY PLAY WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD IF:
- You are over 70 (regardless of medical conditions)
- You have a pre-existing condition that makes you vulnerable to the coronavirus. This includes chronic asthmatics and COPD, heart, kidney or liver diseases, diabetics and pregnant women
Please read the up to date Government Advice and LTA Advice before playing
Before you come to the club and when you return home, please wash your hands. Bring all your own equipment and refreshments, some hand sanitizer and your own set of balls, clearly marked - eg with your initials.
Whilst at the club, please ensure minimum contact and social mixing. Aim to turn up, play with your own tennis balls and leave:
- Keep as much distance as possible (at least 2m) from other court users at all times. Cross on opposite sides of the net, wait for others to finish playing before coming onto the courts, etc
- THE CHALET WILL REMAIN LOCKED AND OUT OF USE. We will also keep entry gates tied back and the nets wound up to minimise common touch points.
- Please bring your own clearly marked balls. Only your household should serve with your balls. Your singles partner and other players should avoid touching them and hit them back to you
- If you want to purchase balls, please contact Ben Rushby on 07539 265063. We will be selling balls at cost price of £5 / tin – payable online and collected by arrangement with Ben
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments and take rubbish home if possible. Also bring your own hand sanitiser to clean your hands and face as regularly as necessary
- In Emergencies Only, you may use the key in the keysafe to access the First Aid Kit in the drawer in the clubhouse. Please wipe down surfaces you may have touched before locking up
Thank you for respecting this “social distancing” guidance so that we can all limit the spread of this virus and all try to avoid catching it
Stay safe, keep healthy and our best wishes to all of you Please have a look at the players' section, which includes some top tips for keeping fit at home.