Welcome to Deeside Tennis Academy
- IMPROVE SKILL
- INCREASE CONFIDENCE
- TRANSFORM YOUR GAME
To inspire, nurture and support the heart, body and mind of all our players.
We deliver technical, tactical, physical and mental coaching in an enjoyable and engaging manner.
From beginner to advanced level in either a social or competitive environment we will support you all the way.
Deeside Tennis Academy is based in villages located along the river Dee. We currently run the coaching programs for Aboyne and Torphins tennis clubs and have also provided coaching in Ballater and Lumphanan.
ABOUT OUR ACADEMY:
We have 3 tiers in our academy. Core coaching (tier 1) is the entry point for most people! Here
we work on the fundamental skills. Tier 2 consists of our Deeside Competition Squads and adult team training In tier 3 we have small groups of Performance squads for those who excel in the previous levels.
Our junior and adult coaching programs usually run from Feb-Dec each year. We run holiday tennis camps for tier 1,2 and 3 players. We also organise lots of local tournaments and matchplays which aim to introduce large numbers of players to competitions.
HEAD COACH: Graham Kay
-SHORTLISTED for Scottish coach of the year 2017 .
-WINNER Scottish Tennis club of year 2018 (Aboyne Tennis Club)
-HONOURS DEGREE in psychology (Dissertation on mental imagery and tennis serve)
- HND in sports coaching
-LTA Club Coaching Award
-LTA 14u Performance Coaching Award
-Former North East Scotland District Head Coach
-Former Adult Tennis Professional at David Lloyds Aberdeen
-Experienced coaching in many different sports and settings most notably as a Ski Instructor and a PGL Multi Activity Instructor
-Mentored by highly respected coaches Kris Soutar and Mark Malcolm
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Junior Core Coaching : After school and weekend group coaching sessions. These provide the core skills.
- Junior Competiton Squad Coaching : Competition squad coaching with a great atmosphere. Usually a players second session of the week.
- Junior Performance Coaching : For top performing competition players. These are usually a players third session of the week and provide detailed and specific help for the best players.
- Adult Coaching : catering for all level groups,teams, rusty racquets
- Private Lessons : 1-2-1's and private groups for all levels
- Hitting Partners : We can arrange hitting partners to meet your level and we also have level 1 and 2 qualified coaches who could help
- Competition Support
- Strength and Conditioning Sessions
- Video Analysis
- Match Analysis
- HotShot Tour (Matchplays for Red/Orange/Green/Yellow level)
- Coach Mentoring
- Competition Squad Camps Abroad
- Holiday Tennis Camps
- Parent Support
- Club Support
THE COACHING TEAM
-Christine is a Level 2 qualified coach and recently won the Scottish Tennis mum of the year award becasuse of her inspiring efforts for local tennis!
LTA level 2 Coaches
Level 1 Coaches
Find all the latest news on our Facebook page.
Where we teach
Here are the Deeside Tennis Academy venues where you can play.
Ballater Road, ABOYNE, Aberdeenshire, AB34 5HY
Torphins Lawn Tennis Club, Grampian Terrace, Torphins, Torphins, BANCHORY, Kincardineshire, AB31 4JS