Lockdown Tennis Rules
It’s always great to hear from prospective new members. We welcome all abilities, whether you’re a junior or an adult, a beginner on the court for the first time, or returning to tennis to those wanting more competitive play in teams and competitions.
Once you are a member there are lots of opportunities to come and play, socially, within a team, with your family and friends or indeed the opportunity to take up any individual or group lessons through our extensive junior and adult coaching programme.
We have social club play both in season and during the winter months. For more information about this, you can refer to the Adult or Junior sections on the website.
Durham Moor Tennis Club Membership is full and now closed.
Owing to a recent influx of new members, we are closing all new Club Membership forthwith in order to operate safely within the Covid guidelines.
We hope you are keeping safe and well. We have to be cautious and careful but we have some indication of the way forward now following the LTA`s published guidance yesterday for tennis venues and players. There have been several administrative processes to amend the web-site, membership and booking system, as well as completing Risk Assessments as required by the LTA before we can open safely.
The Committee have therefore approved the following guidelines which are as follows:
- Tennis can be singles or doubles.
- The clubhouse will remain closed and cannot be accessed for anything other than, floodlights, toulet facilites and payments.
- All members wishing to play MUST BOOK A COURT, in order to avoid congestion and the gathering of people waiting to play.
- Courts can be booked in 30 minute slots for upto 90 minutes per member per day.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your start time, and vacate the court shortly before the end time to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout.
- Please use gloves when using the gate and padlock to limit the spread of the virus. Please remember to disconnect the numbers on locking the courts.
- When at the club and not playing, please wear a mask and socially distance when waiting for your court.
- Guest access is currently suspended we will update members when we are allowing guests.
BOOKING This can only be done when memberships have been purchased
We trust that everyone fully respect the guidelines laid down here, and to ensure that their entire group adhere fully to the rules on social distancing. The Club will not be responsible for any problems incurred through lack of adherence to all rules relating to Covid 19.
All members should follow the links here to read the LTA guidance for venues and players:
Guidance we have followed for venues: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-venues---covid-19.pdf
Guidance for players before arriving: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
Please enjoy some tennis, stay healthy, alert and safe. The courts and garden are looking wonderful!
If you have any question or concerns please let us know as this policy is being kept under constant review by the committee to ensure continuing compliance.
please use the folowing contact information. Sam - 07771130867 - [email protected]