Slinger Slingshot T-One Ball Machine
Fernhurst Tennis Club now has a Slinger Slingshot T-One Ball Machine; a lightweight, easily portable, tennis ball launcher for use in dry weather.
You can adjust ball speed, inclination of trajectory, frequency of ball delivery and control side-to-side oscilation. It's a simple to use machine that can help you practice serving, ground strokes and volleys.
It can also give you a good physical work out!
Hit the courts to practice solo anytime.
The Ball Machine is available for use on the Fernhurst Tennis Club courts by members of the Ball Machine User Group. The User Group has been established:
- to keep the Ball Machine secure and in good order
- to aim for the Ball Machine to be self-funded by those that wish to use it.
Annual Registration for the Ball Machine User Group is open to adults who have active Adult or Family Membership of the Club.
There are two types of Registration for the User Group; you can choose which is best for you depending upon your estimated amount of usage:
Ball Machine Registration with Included Use 2021 £30
- User Group membership with unlimited use of the ball machine
Ball Machine Registration with Hourly Paid Use 2021 £10
- User Group membership with £5 hourly use of the ball machine
The User Group Registration period expires on 31st December.
Annual Registration to the Ball Machine User Group is made and paid for via the Club website’s MEMBERSHIP page.
After Registering but prior to using the Ball Machine for the first time, you must first attend an Induction Session to be briefed on how to operate the Ball Machine and how to access and return it to the Pavilion Shed for re-charging and secure storage.
Induction Sessions will be available on Saturdays starting at 9:15 am before the Club Roll-Up. After Registering, request an Induction Session by emailing: [email protected] before noon on the Friday before
Booking the Ball Machine
The Ball Machine can be booked and paid for via the Club website’s BOOK A COURT page. Any hourly booking cost due must be paid prior to the using the Ball Machine for each booking.
In addition to booking the Ball Machine you must of course also be able to book a court for the same time. DO NOT book court 2 for Ball Machine use to minimise any potential disruption to other court users.
The Ball Machine will NOT be bookable during Club Roll-Ups or when Inter-Club Matches are underway.
Ball Machine bookings per user will be limited to 3 hours per fortnight
Ball Machine Use During Individual Coaching Lessons
The Ball Machine provides an obvious benefit in indivdual coaching lessons in addition to its use for simple personal practice sessions. User Group members who schedule private coaching lessons can therefore book the Ball Machine for use with a Coach during one of these lessons.
Although it is usual for the Coach to book a court for these lessons, the Club's Coaches will NOT book the Ball Machine for you. It must be booked by the Ball Machine User Group Member.
There are three reasons for this:
1. The Ball Machine key-safe code is only given to User Group members when they book the machine. The key-safe code is changed regularly because the Pavilion shed, in addition to housing the Ball Machine, also contains a large quantity of Cricket Club equipment.
2. The name on the Ball Machine booking system is responsible for the machine in use, its storage and recharging. If the Coach books the machine this may promote some ambiguity as to who is responsible for the machine.
3. There is a limit on the number of times a fortnight a member can use the Ball Machine, which the booking system can easily log.
Storage and Re-Charging
The Ball Machine is stored in the Pavilion shed and locked with a bike lock. The Ball Machine remote control, keys to the shed and bike lock will be kept in a key-safe inside the court enclosure adjacent to the court 1 bench.
The code for the key-safe is to be obtained (after booking the Ball Machine) by emailing: [email protected]
Lock the shed after you have removed the Ball Machine for use.
After use, the Ball Machine must be :
- switched off
- returned to the Pavilion shed
- secured by the bike lock
- put on charge
Then lock the shed and return the keys and remote control to the court-side key safe.