The history of tennis at the Grange Club
The history of tennis at the Grange goes right the way back to the origins of the game in Scotland
Tennis at the Grange Club predated Dyvours LTC and was played from the mid-1870's under the name of the 'Edinburgh Lawn Tennis Company'. Indeed the first Scottish Championships were held at the Club in 1878, just one year later than the first tournament at Wimbledon. At one stage there were as many as 8 grass courts until the cricketers built the Pavilion and even 2 indoor courts, aka 'the Tin Temple' which can be seen in the picture on this page.
For those interested in learning more, please see the below booklets: