Privacy & GDPR
GVLTC (Grappenhall Village Lawn Tennis Club) take the security and privacy of data very seriously and are committed to protecting and safeguarding the personal information of our members.
What personal information is held?
The personal information that is obtained and held is the following:-
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
Please note that not all of the above are compulsory.
Where is this information stored?
The information is stored electronically through ClubSpark. Further information on how this data is kept secure can be found in the below link under the heading “What does ClubSpark do to keep my data secure”:-
How is this information gathered?
The information gathered will be one of the following ways:-
- From a membership application
- From a website enquiry
- From a club specific competition
- From another member of the tennis club who has provided information on your behalf (for example a family member or a tennis coach)
- From the LTA
What is the information used for?
The information is necessary for the following purposes:-:-
- General administration of GVLTC membership, including taking membership fees and communicating with members on information pertaining to the tennis club
- General administration of the Wimbledon ballot
Are any payment details stored?
Payment card or bank details are not stored by GVLTC as this is handled by third party providers.
The current third party providers that handle card payments and direct debits on behalf of GVLTC are:-
How long will the data be kept for?
For a reasonable period of time after you have stopped being an active member of GVLTC, we may continue to contact you with information relating to once again becoming a member of GVLTC. We deem a reasonable period of time to be five years after a membership has expired.
Who will the data be passed to?
The information will not be passed on to anyone other than authorised GVLTC committee members. If a legal matter were to arise, then GVLTC may need to provide this information for those purposes.
What is the reason for holding/using the information held?
While a member of GVLTC, the basis for processing your data is “contract”. When you are no longer an active member of GVLTC, the basis is “legitimate interest” as we would like you to once again become an active member.
Data Subject Rights
- You have the right to ask for information we hold for you (Subject Access Request) which will be provided free of charge
- The data we hold will be amended accordingly when we are notified of errors. This can also be done by the individual in question via the profile section on the ClubSpark system
- Information we hold for you will be deleted if requested and possible for us to do so
If there are any queries with regard to the provided information, please contact [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk