Though the original courts were opened in 1925, MTC was only formed in the 1970s. In the last few years, a great team of people have come together to really develop the club, with a vision to create a club and community tennis facility fit for the 21st century. We are now a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO SC045399) which aims to encourage participation in tennis at all levels, regardless of age, ability or background and to promote health through our sport as well as an ethos of fair play and enjoyment.
As well as internal club competitions, tournaments, open days and social evenings, we have ladies and mens teams participating in the East of Scotland Tennis leagues and the East Lothian mixed doubles league.
Our fabulous courts (and floodlights!)
Based on TigerTurf Clay Court Pro and with sand infill made from 100% recycled waste container glass, this highly advanced, all weather tennis surface is specifically designed to replicate a clay court in both appearance and playing characteristics. With an official ITF (International Tennis Federation) court pace rating of 2: Medium-Slow, players can also expect a very consistent ball bounce, replicating natural clay.
With our floodlights allowing us to extend play to 10pm if we want, these fantastic courts mean that we can enjoy all year round play, subject of course to those days when our Scottish weather makes it very unpleasant or impossible!
Ok, our clubhouse is a little bit dated now, but a new clubhouse aka The Pavillion Project is part of our grand plan and we're working hard to deliver that. Funding and sponsorship ideas are very welcome.
Check our News page and Facebook page for updates.