At MTC, we have Teams for men, ladies, mixed,and juniors playing competitively throughout the year. We continually encourage new team players, so if you are new to the club and keen to find out more about team tennis, please email [email protected].
Winter mixed teams have been entered into the East of Scotland leagues from October 2021 for around 5 weeks and we are also participating in the Winter Pringle Cup, with a mixed team.
The main East of Scotland Leagues for 2021 have finished for the year, and we had great success. Both our ladies teams won their respective divisions, earning promotion next year to divisions 3 and 6. We celebrated with afternoon tea at Prestonfield House Hotel 🥂🍰
Both our mens teams also won their respective divisions, earning promotions to divisions 4 and 6.
We are have just finished playing in the East Lothian Summer League during July and August. We have also started our East of Scotland Vets matches for both ladies and mens' teams. In September we have the SuperVets mixed team in the East of Scotland Leagues for those aged over 55 for men and over 50 for ladies (played Wednesday mornings).
Our team captains are:
Ladies - Stella Smith
Gents - James Burnet
Juniors - Finn McLean
MTC policy is to select the strongest available team for each competitive match. Team selection is managed by the respective Team Captains in accordance with the following criteria.
- Players must be member of MTC.
- Players must state their willingness & availability.
- A player's previous & current playing level, experience & results.
- The level a player has competed at in the East of Scotland leagues.
- Attendance & development at match practice & squad sessions is essential. Attendance at club coaching sessions is recommended but not a pre-requisite.
- The Head Coach's opinion of a player's abilities.
- The Team Captain's opinion of a player's abilities.
- The commitment of a player to be part of the MTC teams.
- Adherence to Team Code of Conduct.
There is also an expectation that players who represent MTC demonstrate a level of participation in club social tennis and events.