Courts Reopening 22nd June
Wed, 29 Apr 2020 00:00
Great news! Following the Welsh Government update, our courts are reopening on Monday 22nd June (they will remain locked until this time). We'd like to thank you all for abiding by the previous lock down rules and resisting the temptation to play!
The court booking system on our website goes live Saturday 20th June at 12 noon. Please use your Clubspark login details to make all bookings and ensure you have read the following rules we have put in place in order to comply with Welsh Government / LTA Restrictions and our own risk assessment.
All previous bookings have been removed in order to accommodate the booking arrangements set out below.
COURT BOOKINGS (REQUIRED FOR ALL PRIVATE PLAY)
- All members take part in activities at their own risk and should not attend the club premises if experiencing any symptom associated with Covid 19.
- Each session is 60 minutes long, for which you should vacate your court 10 minutes early to avoid cross-over with incoming players.
- There is a limit of 1 booking per member per day, and members should play no more than 2 hours per day (110 mins maximum). Members are also politely requested not to play every day of the week and thus limit playing opportunities for other members.
- If given the opportunity, please list all players taking part in your booking (for contact tracing if required).
- Members should not book courts until they have opponents / partners arranged so as to avoid last minute cancellations.
- Both Singles and Doubles are permitted (doubles partners must be from the same household).
- Each player should bring their own tennis balls with their initials on to handle/serve. To send someone else’s ball back to them, please kick / roll / flick up and hit it.
- Courts 1-2 should be accessed through the cark park end gate, Courts 3-4 through through the side gate.
- In a temporary change to previous rules, clay court sweeping should take place BEFORE play rather than after. Although hand sanitizers, gloves and wipes will be provided when available members must bring their own in case those provided by the club run out and we are unable to source replacements.
- Members not wishing to use clay court sweepers should use the hard courts.
- Until the Padel court construction is completed, Courts 5-7 may only be accessed via the main gate by the clubhouse.
- Please do not attempt to change the height of any nets, they have already been set and adjusted at the correct height (Court 7 will have a lowered net height for Orange ball tennis).
- Gates can be left adjar throughout the day but if you are the last to leave please lock the gates behind you and wipe down the padlocks
- The grassed area outside the clubhouse remains the only area for parents to spectate whilst their children have lessons.
- The practice wall remains available to use and should be booked in the same way that courts are.
- The clubhouse remains closed to all members bar coaches and board members.
- First aid provision will be relocated outside the clubhouse and all accidents should be reported to [email protected]
- Visitor fees remain at £5 when accompanying a member, limited to 4 visits before being required to join. Non member visits should be made in advance to [email protected] with payment via BACS rather than our on-site honesty box.
- Please observe and adhered to all on-site signage and markings.
- View the Tennis Squad Infographic on playing safely.
- 1-1 coaching is available from Monday 22nd June.
- To comply with court booking regulations, all coaching session will last 50 minutes.
- Sessions can only run for Orange ball and upwards (typically aged 8-9 upwards) to ensure safe distancing between coach and player.
- Each coach has their own supplies of initialled tennis balls which the participant will not be able to touch at any time. They should bring their own initialled tennis balls for serving practice.
- Reduced price buddy hitting sessions are available with some of the coaches.
- Each coach can be contacted directly – and their availability may be affected by needing to limit the number of coaches in operation at any one time (priority is given to our 3 full-time coaches for booking the hard courts).
- Find out more by reading our Private Coaching Summary or emailing Tennis Squad
We wish you a safe and enjoyable game of tennis - more information will follow via email this weekend including an update on club membership and injury prevention tips from the coaching team.