AGM and Davis Cup Event – Sunday May 8th, 2022 13:00-16:00
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:00
As per the earlier communication, we are planning to have our AGM on Sunday May 8th at 15:00 in the Youth In Romsey building. To encourage more attendance, we will be running a tennis event prior to this from 13:00 to 15:00 in the style of a Davis Cup. For more information and booking, please see the website.
In preparation for the meeting, please see below information on Attendance, Submissions Prior to Meeting, Resolutions, Meeting Attendance Level and Pre-read.
The provisional agenda for the AGM will be:
- Chairman’s Welcome
- Acceptance of 2021 AGM Minutes
- Club Reports – Treasurer, Membership, Match, Coaching and Club Development
- Election of Officers (6) - Chair, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Development Officer, Match Secretary and General Committee Member
- Resolutions (2)
- Questions raised by Members
Submissions Prior to Meeting
In preparation for the meeting, please could you:
- Questions. Please provide any questions in advance.
- Election of Officers. If you have an interest to help the club, there are 6 positions that will be open to elections - Chair, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Development Officer, Match Secretary and General Committee Member. Please let the Club Secretary, Nick Flinn ([email protected]) know of your interest in advance.
There are 2 resolutions that are being proposed for the AGM:
- We adopt the changes to the club's constitution which members were balloted on in March 2022. NOTE: This simply defines the mechanism for dissolving the current (unincorporated) entity and the transfer of assets.
- The committee shall prepare to transition the club to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), using the draft CIO constitution which members were balloted on in March 2022. An AGM/EGM will be called once preparations have been completed, with a resolution to dissolve and become a CIO.
In order to be quorate, we need 20% of the adult population of the club to attend. This is between 35-40 people depending on how many members we have in 2022-23. Without being quorate, any resolutions or elections will not be able to be passed and a second meeting will be required.
To give some advance planning, please could you advise if you will be attending by emailing the Club Secretary, Nick Flinn ([email protected]). In addition, I encourage you to join the Davis Cup event we will be putting on prior to the AGM.
If we do not make quorate, we may switch the AGM to virtual to allow more members to attend online who cannot make it face to face.
In the week before the AGM, the pre-read will be available including all the Club Reports (Treasurer, Membership, Match, Coaching and Club Development) and the 2021 AGM Minutes
I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday May 8th.
RATC Club Secretary