Coronavirus Update (18th March)
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 00:00
Romsey & Abbey Tennis Club is continuing to follow the advice from the Government and the LTA with respect to Coronavirus. The latest advice from the LTA is as follows:
"While the LTA has suspended its organised activity, the Government have currently indicated that recreational exercise that takes place at a safe distance from others and in safe exercise environments is something that can continue during this period.
Sport England’s latest update for the sport and physical activity sector regarding Covid-19 can be read here:"
The courts are OPEN, subject to the following measures which are effective immediately:
- A maximum of 4 players per court at all times (excluding the coach).
- No congregating on or around the courts - arrive, go straight on court, play, leave.
- The club hut is out of bounds except for coaches and session organisers.
- No sharing of equipment, food, drinks or exchanging of money at the courts.
NOTE: Congregating also applies to parents and anyone else not playing.
- Club night, team practice and member organised sessions to continue. Session organisers are responsible for enforcing the above measures, and turning people away if necessary.
- No further American Tournaments until further notice.
- Mini and junior group coaching will finish on Friday 20th March, given the recent announcement about schools closing.
- Adult group coaching to continue.
- Mini, junior and adult private and shared coaching to continue.
Please note, the club is relying on the cooperation of all members in order to remain open. Anyone required to self-isolate under Government guidelines MUST NOT come to the courts.
We've been advised by the Southampton & IoW league organisers to abandon any remaining winter league matches which don't affect promotion.
The Quiz, Cheese & Wine social evening on Friday 3rd April is cancelled.
If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org).