RATC Mixed Doubles Box League | Sign up now for friendly competitive matches (deadline: May 1, 2021)
Tue, 27 Apr 2021 00:00
Join the RATC Mixed Doubles Box League competition!
We’re looking to expand the RATC Box Leagues with the intention of increasing members’ opportunities to play with opponents of a similar standard. We restarted the singles Box League in April using the Scala App and had approximately 20 members play.
We would now like to start a Mixed Doubles Box League with special emphasis on both beginners and intermediates for both men and ladies.
The league will be available and managed by a mobile app called 'Scala Sports'. This will allow members to easily contact opponents and record results via their phones. The league is open to members of all levels and is a perfect way to meet others of a similar standard to play friendly competitive matches.
How does it work?
- The round runs May 1 to May 31
- You are organised into a group with 4-5 opponents of a similar standard.
- You play 1 match against each opponent in your group
- You determine when matches are played (in consultation with your opponents). Please book directly through ClubSpark in the normal way.
How do I join?
- Download the free Scala Sports app (iOS or Android)
- Set up your personal profile and link yourself to Romsey & Abbey Tennis Club
- Go to Competitions
- Search and join the competition: Romsey & Abbey TC – Mixed Doubles
- Both players need to download the app, 1 player signs up the team
- Once you have joined the competition, you’ll automatically be sent details at the right time.
On the start date of the round (May 1), you will receive a notification/email and your opponents will be visible in the app. Let us know if you have any questions/concerns, for specific questions related to the Scala app please reach out to [email protected].
If you don’t have a partner, please contact Kate Martel ([email protected]) and she will try to help.
The app has already been used for the Singles Box League in April with success. All comments to improve how we use this tool would be gratefully received. We have no limit on how many competitions we can run.
Look forward to seeing you out on the court!
Richard Hill, Kate Martel and Nick Flinn