Coaching with groups of more than 6 is permitted (including the coach) as long as social distancing is maintained. Please scroll down for further details.
Juniors under 10 years of age follow LTA approved Mini Tennis programme:
All Year Coaching
Saturday Junior Development programme (Pay &Play)
Mini Red Devils: 9.15-10.00am U’5yrs (Tots) £4.50
Mini Red Tennis: 10.00-10.45am 4-8 yrs £4.50
Mini Orange/Green: 12.00-1.00pm 8-10 yrs £5.00
Junior Full Court Tennis: 11.00-12.00pm 11+ yrs £5.00
Term Time Coaching:
Mini Orange Tennis: 4.30-5.30pm 4-8 yrs £5.00
Junior Full court Tennis: 5.30 - 6.30pm 11+ yrs £5.00
Junior Full court Tennis (performance): 6.30-7.30pm 11+ yrs £5.00
Mini Red Tennis: 4.45-5.30pm 4-8 yrs £4.50
For members looking to keep fit and improve their game in a friendly environment.
Club Session Coaching
Wednesday Time: 18:00 – 19:00
Dates: 23rd, 30th, (April) 7th, 14th, 21st, (May) (5 weeks)
Individual • £25 per hour • £20 for 45 min. • £15 for 30 min. **Book 5 Lessons – Get 1 Free !!**
Groups • 2 x Persons - £15 each per hour • 4 x Persons - £6.00 each per hour
For more information please contact Jamie Allen on 07790937448 or email: [email protected]
ORGANISED GROUP ACTIVITY – Covid Update - Weston Tennis Club
- The government has confirmed that organised activity for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is permitted as an exception to the limit of six, provided the activity is in accordance with the COVID-19 Secure guidelines published by the LTA for venues, coaches, players and competitions. The Government has made it clear that organised larger group tennis activity is only permitted where this is the case.
- Any organised larger group tennis activity is only permitted subject to a thorough risk assessment and event delivery plan, taking into consideration the relevant LTA and Government guidance, and where clear and appropriate risk mitigation measures are in place
- When participating in any tennis activity indoors or outdoors, participants must not mingle in groups of more than six before and after the activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times. If an organiser is not able to ensure this (including when arriving at or leaving activity or in any breaks or socialising) then such events should not take place. Attendees must avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group they are with, even if they see other people they know, at all times during their visit
- Larger group sessions may need to utilise multiple full-size courts in order to maintain social distancing, depending on the local environment and risk assessment. Where space and number of courts available is limited, then based on your risk assessment only smaller group sessions may be possible. Coaches should refer to the LTA’s recommended coach:player ratios for more specific guidance
- For outdoors activity, the LTA recommends no more than 12 players on one full-size tennis court and surrounding areas at any one time, in order to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times. Most tennis sessions will have far fewer than this number per court, but a scenario where this might apply is red stage tennis for children. All venues should produce detailed risk assessments and event delivery plans taking into account these factors
- For children, organised tennis activity including coached sessions should be limited to groups of no more than 15 children (plus coach(es), in line with guidance from the Department of Education on out of school settings
- Depending on your risk assessment, some activity that might ordinarily be delivered in larger groups (such as Cardio Tennis), might still need to continue in smaller groups for now, to ensure the safety of participants.
- More detailed guidance on the ‘Return to Competition’ for officials and competition organisers has been published at lta.org.uk/coronavirus along with a template event delivery plan that can be used by venues organising club nights.