Club Selection Policy
Writhlington Tennis Club Selection Policy
Now we have several teams run by several Co-ordinators, there is a danger that selection criteria may become more diverse. To prevent this, the team Co-ordinators should follow the following criteria:
1. Before the first match, the Co-ordinator should establish when all players are available for each match, by email or by another method agreed by the Committee. Players choosing not to reply may forfeit the chance to play.
2. The Co-ordinator will select the teams on the following criteria: Coach opinion of their ability Performance in club tournaments, box leagues, league matches, squad nights, club nights, etc. Commitment to league matches. Successful pairings. Attending coaching/practice sessions intended for league matches. Any issues the player may have (eg behaviour, match attendance, etc)
3. The Co-ordinator will also be reasonable in spreading matches between players.
4. If a player dictates which team he will play for, he will not be selected for that team until the Co-ordinator decides he should be. Playing for a team he refused to play for would be an integral part of the re-selection process.
5. The Co-ordinator will notify all players of the teams at least 2 weeks in advance (at least 1 week for the first match of the season).
From time to time, the Committee may ask the Co-ordinator to justify their decisions on particular selections.