Child Protection Policy
Kate Hoggard is the club's safeguarding officer. You can contact her on 07850 161 884.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Armley Tennis Club aims to create an enjoyable environment for all juniors who wish to take part in tennis or other sport and social activities at the club.
- We believe that children and young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
- We believe that young people have the right to be treated with respect and to have their concerns listened to and acted upon.
- We will ensure that the club provides for the needs of junior members through specific programmes and safe practice.
- We have procedures in place to address poor practice and to help any young person who appears to be at risk, or who appears to be the victim of abuse.
- We will offer help and support when a child or young person tells us that they are affected by these issues.
- We will take steps to ensure that any club volunteers or professionals working with children are suitable to do so, through the use of references and background checks.
- We will ensure that all relevant people have been vetted and approved through the LTA’s Disclosure and Barring Service process.
- We will ensure that all of those working with children are made aware of the LTA code of conduct for people working with children in tennis, and are required to follow it.
In association with LTA Safeguarding Team T: 020 8487 7000
If the LTA Safeguarding team is unavailable, call the NSPCC 0808 800500.