Welcome to Cranbrook Castle Lawn Tennis & Social Club
Cranbrook Castle Lawn Tennis & Social Club – Re Opening of courts
THE CLUB IS OPEN TO MEMBERS WHO HAVE PAID THIS YEAR'S MEMBERSHIP FEES.
We are able to open Courts 1-4 from 9am Wednesday 20th May 2020.
In line with updated Information from HM Government Dated the 11th May 2020 & LTA Guidance for tennis venues/Players/Coaches regarding Covid - 19 return to restricted Play – 12 May 2020.
The Committee are pleased to announce that following a thorough review and risk Assessment:
The club house will remain closed for the present, but we will review this on a regular basis.
All players will have to comply with all Government conditions on social distancing and Hygiene. (GOV.UK) and Must read the LTA Guidance for Tennis Players/Coaches Covid 19 Return to restricted Play 12 May 2020, (LTA Website)
- If you are Unwell or self Isolating DO NOT attend the club.
- You Must comply with the notices that are displayed.
- You MUST renew/pay your membership before playing. (See Trevor’s letter sent out on 12th May 2020) No GUEST Players are currently permitted, due to limited Court Space.
Please enter through the Pavilion road side gate, first in /last to leave, please open/close the combination padlock, if you do not know it ask one of the Committee!
Please clean the padlock if you touch it.
Please Read the Notices attached to the Gate & Displayed on the Clubhouse windows.
- Maximum of two people per court (singles play only). Players can be from different households. The only exception to the above is where a group of four players are all from the same household in which case they can play doubles.
- Coached sessions should be limited to one to one coaching activity only.
- There MUST NOT be any spectators unless you are a Parent/guardian watching your Child/Children.
- As we do not have a current booking system we will have to be ‘self policed’ on this issue.
In the event that all 4 courts are being used, if further players arrive they will have to obtain the time of the next available court and MUST leave the premises, until the court is available. In this event courts can only be used for 1 HOUR.
- Coaching will be held on COURT 4 – You MUST comply with the coach’s instructions/risk assessment.
- As the Clubhouse will initially be closed please be aware there are no toilet facilities. There is an outside tap that can be used for cold water. So please bring your own drinks/containers.
Bring your own Hand sanitiser (we have ordered a unit for the club).As there is no current access to the clubhouse, the first aid kit is not usually available, so please consider bringing your own. Limited access to the Clubhouse may be possible for this reason.
In the event of serious injury call 999, or 111 for advice. Guidance on delivering first aid during the coronavirus pandemic is available on the St John Ambulance website.
- Do not touch the net winders, if you do please clean them.
- Bring your own equipment & balls, clearly marked, the Club cannot supply them. (Comply with LTA guidance – Take only minimum amount of equipment)
- If you are receiving coaching, comply with his instructions.
- Do not change ends, but if you do, change at opposite sides of the court. If a ball comes on your court kick it back. Do Not go after a ball that goes on another court
- All chairs have been removed from the viewing area; do not sit on the benches (Tape has been placed across them)
Enjoy your tennis, keep safe and well, the committee will keep the situation under review, if there are any concerns please contact a committee member or phone:
17th May 2020
MEMBER SUBSCRIPTION UPDATE
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the General Committee have decided that the new membership year 2020/2021 that was due to start on the 1st April will be deferred until we are able to re-open the tennis courts. The membership year will then run for 12 months from the date of re-opening and FULL members will have 30 days to take advantage of the discount allowed. We thank members who have already renewed their memberships which will start when the courts re-open. We understand that some members have already renewed their memberships to help the Club during these difficult times. However, if any member that has already renewed would like their fees refunded until the courts re-open, please email the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will re-open the courts when we are advised that it is safe to do so by The Lawn Tennis Association and you will be advised accordingly. In the meantime, keep safe and we look forward to seeing you all at the Club in the not too distant future.
The General Committe
Well done John keeping the monthly quiz going online.
2021 - CRANBROOK CASTLE will be 100 YEARS OLD.
HALL AVAILBLE FOR HIRE - £36 per hour
For further dates see 'Our Events'
Contact - Chris -for adult and junior coaching JuniorSecretary@cranbrookcastle.co.uk
Tues. - 4.30 - junior coaching - -
Tues. - 7pm - social tennis - adults
Thurs. 10am - social tennis - adults
Sat. 9am - junior and adult coaching. Just come along or contact - Chris - JuniorSecretary@cranbrookcastle.co.uk
Sun. - 11am - intermediate/advanced social tennis
If you want individual (junior or adult) coaching contact - Chris - JuniorSecretary@cranbrookcastle.co.uk
- We are a friendly tennis club with 5 artificial grass courts, 4 with floodlights, in Ilford, Essex.
- Mini, Junior and Adult tennis coaching is available from fully qualified, licensed LTA coaches. (Sat. mornings and Tues. evenings).
- If your child is a member, parents can join for £45 to play with their children.
- All standards are welcome.
- Social play - Tues. 7pm, Thurs. 10am and Sun. 11am.
- Club members who need swipe cards to access the club see Sue, Trevor or Chris. They cost £2.
- We have men's teams in the Essex Leagues.
- There is an informal quiz once a month .
- A darts team (The Abbots) is based at the club.
If you are interested in joining the Club please contact:-
ADULTS : Membership Secretary Linda Gallant
JUNIOR AND ADULT COACHING : Junior Secretary Chris Weekes
How to Find Us
The Club is on the corner of St.Georges Road and Pavillion Road and is easily accessible from the A12 (Eastern Ave), Cranbrook Road and Gants Hill Station (Central Line on the London Underground).
How to find us
Cranbrook Castle Tennis Club St. Georges Road Ilford ILFORD Essex IG1 3PG