SPECIAL OFFER -first year adult tennis membership £100 for new members to the club.
TENNIS COURTS ARE CLOSED
We have been advised by the LTA to close the tennis courts for the period of the lockdown. To compensate for this the Club will extend the membership season by a further month. We look forward to welcoming you all back after 2nd December. In the meanwhile we hope you keep well and keep safe.
We now have a QR code on the FRONT DOOR of the clubhouse and on the SIDE GATE. Please scan it.
We HAVE to collect the info. on people who are playing at the club.
ALL MEMBERS MUST use the QR code
or if they unable to do that please -
TEXT your name and time and date of play to the club phone – 075 7266 1554
Thanks for your cooperation.
REMEMBER the clubhouse is CLOSED.
THE CLUB IS OPEN TO MEMBERS WHO HAVE PAID THIS YEAR'S MEMBERSHIP FEES.
Dear member, the following update has just come through.To continue to play we must abide by the guidelines.
23rd Sept. 2020 lta guidelines. IMPORTANT
[NEW] When participating in any tennis activity indoors or outdoors, participants must not mingle in groups of more than six before and after the activity, while maintaining social distancing with those from another household at all times. If an organiser is not able to ensure this (including when arriving at or leaving activity or in any breaks or socialising) then such events should not take place. Attendees must avoid social interaction with anyone outside the group they are with, even if they see other people they know, at all times during their visit
Please read the following
There are LTA Updates to Players Guidelines.
More info. on www.lta.org.uk
Guidance for Tennis Players in England COVID-19
Members must follow the guidelines so that we can continue to have organised social play.
UPDATED GUIDELINES 18th Sept. (Based on lta updates)
Full ‘Guideline for players’ on the lta website – www.lta.org.uk
- Do not come to the club if you have COVID-19 symptoms. If you develop symptoms please let a committee member know.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING applies.
- The club will collect info. of players in line with NHS Test and Trace and keep them for 21days.
- For informal social play sessions group size is limited to 6 players. No more than 5 other people from different households and observe social distancing.
- Organised social tennis sessions as long as everyone follows lta COVIV-19msecure guidelines.
- ORGANISED ACTIVITY Organised activity for larger groups (Tues, Thurs and Sun. mornings), including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is permitted by the Government as an exception to the limit of six, and so can continue, provided that venues, coaching providers and event organisers follow LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines
- No visitors or spectators except for junior coaching sessions.
- Arrive at the club 5mins. before session and leave at the end of the session.
- Please adhere to the 2m. social distancing on entering and leaving the club.
- Use gel sanitiser after handling the padlock etc.
- No congregating or socialising.
- Do not share equipment or food and drink.
- On court maintain 2m. social distancing. You do not need to change ends. Do not go onto neighbouring courts.
- When leaving the club lock the gate and use sanitising gel and wash your hands when you get home.
Well done John keeping the monthly quiz going online.
2021 - CRANBROOK CASTLE will be 100 YEARS OLD.
Contact - Chris -for adult and junior coaching [email protected]
(You must contact Chris and book all coaching)
Tues. - 4.30 - junior coaching
Sat. 9-12am - junior coaching . You must contact Chris to book a place.
Contact - Chris - [email protected]
If you want individual (junior or adult) coaching contact - Chris - [email protected]
- We are a friendly tennis club with 5 artificial grass courts, 4 with floodlights, in Ilford, Essex.
- Mini, Junior and Adult tennis coaching is available from fully qualified, licensed LTA coaches. (Sat. mornings and Tues. evenings).
- If your child is a member, parents can join for £45 to play with their children.
- All standards are welcome.
- Social play - Tues. 10am, Thurs. 10am and Sun. 11am.
- We have men's teams in the Essex Leagues. (When operating)
- There is an informal quiz once a month, now online.
- A darts team (The Abbots) is based at the club. Suspended.
If you are interested in joining the Club please contact:-
ADULTS : Membership Secretary Linda Gallant
eMail: [email protected]
JUNIOR AND ADULT COACHING : Junior Secretary Chris Weekes
eMail: [email protected]
How to Find Us
The Club is on the corner of St.Georges Road and Pavillion Road and is easily accessible from the A12 (Eastern Ave), Cranbrook Road and Gants Hill Station (Central Line on the London Underground).