History of the Club

 

Cranbrook Castle Lawn Tennis Club was formed by prominent local citizens in 1921 to provide tennis and social facilities for residents of the estates being built in the local area. The club name was extended to include 'and Social' in the 70's to reflect the expansion of club activities.

The club took its name from an original three sided 'Cranbrook Castle' which stood on the PLA Sports Ground until 1923, a folly built by Sir Charles Raymond in 1765 (shown above)