About Us / Amdanom Ni
Llantrisant Tennis Club provides Social and competitive Tennis for all ages and standards. We field a growing number of teams in the South Wales doubles leagues and have produced some very successful players over the years who have become County players and/or Welsh Champions. Junior Tennis is at the very heart of the club and strong links exist between the club and local schools. Coaching is provided by the award-winning "Tennis Squad" and caters for novice players and tournament players alike. New members of any age and ability are always encouraged and no previous playing experience is necessary in order to enjoy club membership and benefits. The club holds 'LTA' accreditation which is the nationally recognised quality standard for tennis clubs but acknowledges that not everybody wants to play competitively so we are very supportive of Social play and encouraging to those who enjoy the simple pleasure of whacking a ball over a net with their friends. The club takes great pride in being a welcoming and fully inclusive club.
The courts are managed by the club under a long term lease with Rhondda Cynon Taff County Council and court bookings generate fees to fully re-invest in the facilities.
Membership is not necessary to access the courts but does bring some great benefits for a small monthly fee (6 months at £20):
- Free use of the courts at any time subject to online availability.
- Free use of the Floodlights for 'Club Sponsored Activities' - Private use to be chargeable as announced by Committee.
- Free Access to Official Wimbledon Ballot - (£30 for non members)
- Access to 'Club Nights' (Mon/Thurs/Fri - 7-9pm) and a chance to mix socially with like minded people
- Use of Club 'premium quality' Tennis Balls during Club Nights.
- Access to League/Competition Tennis
- Access to 1:1/Group Coaching sessions for adults/Juniors.
- Corporate Membership with RCT 'Leisure for Life' giving a 30% discount for club members and their partners.
For those who only wish to play infrequently, our “Access” membership is an absolute bargain at £50 per year which provides use of the courts with no club commitment or other associated benefits. The club is managed by a group of dedicated volunteers who give up a substantial part of their time to further the club for its members.