Enjoying tennis is about so much more than just attending coaching sessions - and we provide a wide range ofn formal competitions and entry-level events throughout the year for both our members and the wider tennis community.
Our Junior Competition Pathway
For those in our club coaching programmes , we hold a Match Week at the end of each term. This fun team-based format helps you to learn the rules & develop your skills from coaching.
TEAM CHALLENGE FESTIVALS.
Recrectional players ' next step is to enter our Festivals which run in each major school break (Chrismas Challenge indoors at Ocean Park Arena, Easter Challenge at Windsor LTC Penarth and Summer Challenge at Llantrisant Tennis Club. You'll enter as an individual and be assigned a team on the day. See any upcoming festivals at our events page.
Players can develop their skills further in our Matchplay sessions (Grade 6). You'll get lots of quick-fire singles & doubles matches against others of a similar level and won't be hanging around!
Our upcoming matchplays:
- 8U Red Matchplay @ Ocean Park Arena: Thurs 22nd July
- 9U Orange Matchplay @ Ocean Park Arena: Thurs 22nd July
LOCAL TOUR > REGIONAL TOUR > NATIONAL TOUR.
Experienced competitors may enter rankings events from Local Tour (Grade 5) > County Tour (Grade 4) > Regional Tour (Grade 3) > National Tour (Grade 2).
Our upcoming rankings events:
- 9U Orange Local Tour @ Ocean Park Arena - Thurs 8th April - moved outdoors to Windsor LTC Penarth to meet Covid guidelines.
- 11U Local Tour @ Windsor LTC Penarth - Fri 9th April - cancelled in line with LTA ruling on rankings events.
- 14U County Tour @ Windsor LTC Penarth - Sun 23rd May
- 8U Red Local Tour @ Ocean Park Arena - Thurs 3rd June
- 10U Green Local Tour @ Windsor LTC Penarth - Fri 4th June
- 8U-12U County Tour @ Windsor LTC - 12-14th August
Starting out on the competition pathway? We always recommend seeking advice from your coach.
Parents of regularly competing juniors on our programmes may like to join the Tenis Squad Competitors Facebook group where we share tips and links.