Whether you're a junior or adult, a beginner or seasoned player, we believe that competition is a vital part of any tennis programme for both social interaction and game improvement. Competition can be wide and varied, from low-key team activities to high-level individual tournaments, what's important is finding the right event for you.
- To start (whatever your level), gain your British Tennis Membership & Player Rating (its FREE as a club member).
- Events are graded from 7 (internal club events) to 1 (international events): Find my suitable competition grade
- Looking to play in internal club events and teams? Keep an eye on our club communication channels or ask your coach as there are regular opporunities to play!
- For yellow ball playing juniors at all our clubs we run a winter tennis ladder using Tennis Rungs, free for all players on our programmes to help them develop their game and improve their rating. Find out more...
- Team Tennis is also a popular event for all ages, follow your clubs progress in the Tennis Wales Leagues and ask your coach if you'd like to make yourself available to club captains.
Once you're ready to spread your wings and play some open competitions, we have some useful resources from the LTA along with recommended South Wales events.