Whether you're a junior or adult, a beginner or seasoned player, we believe that competition is a vital part of any tennis programme for both social interaction and game improvement. Competition can be wide and varied, from low-key team activities to high-level indifivual tournaments, what's important is finding the right event for you.
- To start (whatever your level), gain your British Tennis Membership & Player Rating (its FREE as a club member).
- Events are graded from 7 (internal club events) to 1 (international events): Find my suitable competition grade
- Looking to play in internal club events and teams? Keep an eye on our club communication channels or ask your coach.
- Follow your clubs progress in the Tennis Wales Leagues.
- If you're ready to spread your wings and play some open competitions, here are some useful resources from the LTA along with recommended South Wales events
- Find my competition age-group | | Player Rating guide | Tennis Wales Open Competition Calendar (contains all open events)
We endevour to put on a range of competition experiences at our partner clubs to complement their own internal activities. These include:
- Internal Junior Championships (club committees organise senior events)
- Sytner Mini Tennis Circuit events - a first step on the competition pathway with fun matches AND games
- A Junior Ladder - year-round matchplay with others of a similar level
- LTA Tournaments ranging from Grade 6 (local level) to 3 (regional level) - for kids and adults!
- The Road to Wimbledon - an internal 14&U event for the chance to play on the grass at SW19!
Please send in any questions - we are happy to help!