How to find us
Arrowe Park Playing Fields
Arrowe Park Road
For a full breakdown of the LTA’s latest COVID-19 guidelines please refer to - https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19---latest-advice/
Welcome to Arrowe Park Tennis Courts
Arrowe Country Park is Wirral’s largest park (97.56 hectares) and a large proportion is taken up by open parkland and deciduous woodland. The park contains fine examples of Oak, ash and Beech as well as conifers such as Scots Pine and Cedar. The park contains numerous paths and trails and a large lake.
The shape of Arrowe Country Park as we know it today really began in 1800 when the then Mayor of Liverpool, John Shaw bought the land. He had made his fortune from supplying his ships for the slave trade. He passed it to his Great Nephew John Ralph Shaw who was responsible for landscaping the park and building Arrowe Hall in 1835. Future owners were Captain William Shaw J.P., Major Dermont McAlmont and the estate of Lord Leverhulme until it was purchased in 1927 by Birkenhead Corporation and made into a public park in 1928. In 1929 the International Boy Scout Jamboree was held in the park and attended by Lord Baden Powell their founder. In 1974 Local Government re-organisation gave ownership to the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, which retains responsibility to this day.
Located near to main bus routes on Arrowe Park Road, Arrowe Brook Road and Thingwall Road.
The main entrance is situated on Arrowe Park Road opposite Landican Cemetery and is suitable for vehicles, pedestrians and wheelchair users. Pedestrian access can be gained from a number of points around the site, particularly on Thingwall Road opposite Thingwall Drive, on Arrowe Park Road opposite the Arrowe Park Hotel and on Arrowe Brook Road near its junction with Arrowe Brook Lane where there is a car park.