IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to Covid19 we are not currently running group coaching sessions, please contact Elite tennis if you want 1 to 1 coaching sessions instead.
Our coaching programme is run by David Ison of Elite Tennis.
We have a comprehensive programme for both juniors and adults that includes coaching and matchplay for all levels. Our junior programme is recognised as one of the best in the county and our adult programme provides the perfect opportunity to pick up some tips, whilst socialising with other members. Please visit Elite Tennis for more information, or see below for a brief description of our programme.
Mini Tennis Programme
We run an LTA endorsed Mini Tennis Programme using Red, Orange and Green balls and equipment. We run a pay and play junior programme every Saturday between 9-12 in which members and non members are welcome. Junior members pay a £4 fee per session, while non-members pay £5.
Saturday schedule is:
- 9am to 10am - for 5 to 8 years old - using red balls
- 10am to 11am - for 9 to 10 years old - using orange balls
- 11am to 12pm - for 10 to 11 years old - using green balls
- 12pm to 1pm - for 12 years old and above - using normal balls
We then have our junior academy which takes place on various evenings through the week which is the progression for the Saturday players. This is available to members only. Junior membership rates start at just £22 for the year!
Our pay and play junior coaching takes place on Saturdays at 12 noon which is again open to members and non members. Our junior academy runs on a Monday evening from 5-7pm for junior membes that have reached a certain level. We also offer a FREE Junior Clubnight every Friday from 7-8.30pm for the children to practice matchplay and socialise together. Members only.
We have 3 sessions per week catering for all levels of player. These are:
- Beginners: Coaching is available on Thursday evenings from 6-7pm (£6 for non members). The session does not requrie booking beforehand, just turn up. We suggest giving an email address to the coach at your first session so that should any session need to be cancelled due to weather conditions you can be contacted. We work on the basic techniques and tactics of the game.
- Improvers / Intermediates: A FREE coaching session on Thursday evenings from 7-8pm. We work on all areas of the game, especially doubles tactics. Members only.
- Team Players: A FREE coaching session on Monday evenings from 7-9pm for the club team players. We work on advanced doubles techniques and tactics in order to improve our team players. Members only.
Note: Potential new adult and junior members are welcome to try a members' only session for FREE before committing to membership.