Data Protection & GDPR
Our Privacy Commitment
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information in ways you would expect when you interact with BTC. In particular we collect information when:
- You join us as a club member, renew your membership or manage your membership
- You contact us by phone, in person, online or by post to make an enquiry or to access information
- You use our website, such as filling in one of our online forms or entering a competition
- You provide services to the club
The Personal information we collect
We only collect personal information that is necessary to meet our club needs, to enable its efficient running, for your club to fulfil its legal obligations and responsibilities and to provide you with the services you have requested. When you become a member the following personal information will be obtained directly from you and will only be stored on our database administered by the LTA. • Full name * • Gender * • Date of birth * • Home address * • Email address * • Phone numbers * • British Tennis number • Date joined the Club • Medical information such as allergies • Occupation • Method of contact • Any categories/tags to assist administration • Membership status and whether paid up to date.
* Only the information with an asterix against it is compulsory although the additional information is important as it will enable the more efficient running of the club and will benefit members. For example medical information can be important if you suffer an illness or accident on court.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information from you where we have a valid legal basis for doing so, such as to fulfil a contract we have with you or because you have given your consent. We will always explain to you our purposes for collecting personal information at the point of collection and we will let you know if our purposes change. We rely on your consent for our marketing communications. For our members we will have to send a number of service emails related to membership contracts and BTC activities.
We use your information to:
- set up your membership account
- establish a list of authentic BTC members
- provide information and support in connection with your account type
- administer and manage your membership
- process payments
- send you service emails related to your account,
- send you information about the events you have booked.
- communicate with you when you initiate contact with us
- customer service
- general administration and recordkeeping
- keeping you informed of club news and events
How we share your personal information
Managing the personal information that we hold about you
We are committed to giving you control over the personal information you share with us. You can update and manage your personal information in different ways. Managing your information is simple. You can easily manage the personal information we hold about you through your online account. Go to BTC website and sign in via the ‘my account’ link. You have options to update your contact details and to manage your communications preferences should you wish to. Should you decide that you no longer wish to share your information with us you can delete it at any time. However, as we require the information to manage the club and its members it would mean that your membership would cease.
If you prefer, you can contact us directly about amendments to your personal information using our contact information provided in the ‘Privacy Commitment’ section or by emailing our Hon. Secretary [email protected]
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised committee members and volunteers. Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required by statute and will be disposed of appropriately. It is BTC responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
Your choices and rights
You can make choices and exercise your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about how we collect and process your personal information.
- You have the right to withdraw consent, for example, to receive marketing from BTC.
- You have the right to correct your personal information in cases where the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. The easiest way to ensure your information is accurate is to update any incorrect information through your BTC online account.
- You can request that we delete your personal information in a number of circumstances including when you withdraw consent, when you successfully object to processing and when the personal data we hold about you is no longer required for the purpose we collected it. On deleting your details you will cease to be a member of the club.
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you can request to see full details of the personal information that BTC holds about you. In order to initiate a request with us about your personal information, please send us a description of the information you would like to access by emailing our Hon. Secretary [email protected] Alternatively you can access this information by logging into your account.
As a general guide Personal Information held by BTC will be that provided by the Service User when she/he joins BTC or renews membership to BTC. This data will be held on the secure LTA Clubspark system and each individual will be able to view, amend or delete their own information at any time. If a member decides to withdraw or delete its information then their membership of BTC will cease. Personal Information is required by BTC to ensure it is able to manage its membership for the continued existence of the club and to ensure it is able to comply with its legal and statutory obligations. The information will be used to keep members informed of club events, information, meetings, policies and other matters to ensure the successful administration of the club.