The Clubhouse and Social Events
The Clubhouse is at the centre of the club’s activities. It incorporates:
- The Bar, which is run by the members on a voluntary basis. It is usually open in the evenings when there is tennis, squash or racketball activity and is at the hub of our social events.
- Two functions rooms, which can be hired out to members for events and which are regularly used for non-sporting activities such as bridge, pilates, yoga and jive. The small hall houses a table tennis table which can be used by members.
- A fully equipped kitchen which can be used as part of the hall hire and is regularly used to provide catering for club matches and club social events
- A sauna which is free for members to use
- Changing Rooms that include toilets, showers and spacious areas for changing
- The three squash courts which are accessed from the main corridor.
Bridge, pilates, yoga and jive
These activities take place at various times during the week:
Bridge Monday Afternoon
Physio Pilates Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons and evenings
Yoga Monday mornings and Thursday mornings and Thursday evenings
Jive Monday evenings
The Social Committee works hard to provide a varied social programme for your enjoyment. Please look at the notice boards regularly to see what is coming up and try to support these events if you can. The Committee will be pleased to receive ideas and ecstatic if you want to help.
Cooden Beach Social Event Calendar 2023
Winter Quiz, Saturday February 11th at 7.00pm.
Winter Finals Day, 26th February
Food from around the World, March 25th, 7pm for 7.30pm
Treasure Hunt and BBQ, June 11th
Finals Weekend 8th/9th July
Wimbledon Lunch, Sunday 16th July
Fast 4 Tennis Tournament, Saturday August 19th
Late summer Ball, Saturday September 9th
Presentation evening, Friday October 13th
Race Night, November
Christmas Party, Saturday 9th December