Covid - 19 update
Sun, 31 May 2020 00:00
31/05/20 – Version 2
New LTA guidelines for tennis apply from Monday 1 June 2020. They have been produced in line with the Government announcement on Thursday 28 May on the easing of lockdown restrictions –further amendments may be made once the updated Government guidance on gatherings, public spaces, and outdoor activities and the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation has been published on the Gov.uk website.
Dunstable Tennis Club has the following guidelines for all members;
- Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household –meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles.
- Maintain social distancing and stay at least 2 metres away from other players (other than where players are from the same household), including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play. For doubles, consider agreeing in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
- Hand hygiene is imperative -use anti-bac or wipes to clean your hands after touching a shared surface (consider bringing your own)
- Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls –however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing.
- Coached sessions will be limited to group sizes of no more than six, including coach (es). There will be no club nights and no social tennis sessions, organised or free flow.
- The clubhouse should remain closed at all times. Use of toilets is allowed.
- Bookings are required and are restricted to 90 minutes. A maximum of 4 x 90 minute sessions can be booked in a 7 day period up to 2 weeks in advance. Do not turn up unless a match is pre-arranged.
- Waste paper hand drying towels should be placed in the lidded bins provided. All other rubbish should be taken home with you.
- Usual floodlight restrictions and payments apply.
All subject to change when necessary.