We are please to introduce our new Clubspark Booking Tool and App via the Booking tab. its quick and easy to book, cancel and manage your court bookings. We ask all members to book their court sessions. You will need your LTA Brish Tennis Login to access it. Forgotten your BT login or want to join as a free British Tenbnis Lite member? - head over to the LTA website here.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
16th July 2020 Update
We are delighted to confirm that in line with Government and LTA updated Guidance (13th July 2020) we can:
Restart Club Social Sessions on:
Tuesday 6.00pm to 8.30pm
Saturdays 2.00pm to 6.00pm
To participate safely in social sessions, we must all:
- adhere to LTA Guidance for Venues and for Players
- do a pre-attendance self-assessment for any COVID19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website. If you feel unwell, stay home and stay safe.
- Follow handwashing guidance/and use hand gel after touching gates, surfaces, balls etc
- If you develops symptoms of COVID-19 after recently playing at the Grange, you must follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website. To assist track and trace please use the Grange Social WhatsAp group chat to indicate if you are attending social session.
- Maintain 2m from other people (except those from your household) on and off the courts and observe social distancing via the Government advise.
- Our normal social play etiquette applies – doubles play, one short set, and mix in with waiting players – and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Courts will not be bookable for arranged play during social or coaching sessions, but at all other times please continue to book courts for private arranged play
It is recommended you remain outside, though you may use the Clubhouse from 25th July to access information, first aid, equipment etc but maintain social distancing at all times. Do not congregate in the Clubhouse. Please wash your hands /use hand gel regularly and after touching any shared surface. Please bring your own refreshments and we advise you do not use shared cutlery or crockery.
Doubles Play permitted from 1st June 2020
The Government has relaxed some lock-down rules from 1st June, and the LTA advise that both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart at all times – meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles . You must BOOK YOUR COURT SESSION and follow the LTA Covid 19 Guidance for Players and maintain social distancing requirements detailed on our Court Time webpage.
Court sessions must be booked by you via the Booking tab.
- Hard Courts 1 and 2 are available to book up to 90 min seesions ( in 30 min increments) from 8.00am with courts closing at 10.00pm.
- Grass Courts 1 and 3 are available to book up to 90 min seesions ( in 30 min increments) from 8.00am with courts closing at 10.00pm.
- To be fair and allow all members access you may book one 90 min or 60min session per day, and only book ahead 7 days.
- Please do not book sessions unless you intend to play.
- Please do not write over slots that have already been booked.
- Once to have made your booking you will be able to manage your booking via the My Bookings Link.
- Players must take all their own equipment – rackets and balls. And take home all possessions, including litter.
- Due to practical reasons we cannot sanitise the gate handles, net handles etc, so please take with you your own hand sanitiser. For health and safety reasons our buildings (Clubhouse and changing rooms and toilets) remains closed to members.
- Arrive just before your booked slot and leave immediately afterwards, do not congregate with other people in the car park or on court. Maintain at last 2m apart.
- If you are leaving and no other members are there, please lock the hard court gate.
- We appreciate some members may not feel comfortable with these arrangements, however they are necessary and stipulated by LTA and Government. If you feel you cannot conform with them- please do not use the courts and we look forward to seeing you again when restrictions are lifted. If any member breaks these conditions for restricted play the Committee reserves the right to postpone that membership.
In line with LTA Guidelines Dave will be able to continue coaching sessions. He and Kate will be contacting you shortly with information and costs. Coaching sessions will be logged onto the Court Booking table.
General Information (but not currently applicable):
We have two all-weather floodlit courts, and four grass courts. During scheduled match and coaching times, courts are reserved for these events. At all other times, courts are available for play. Note that during match times, matches may be at other locations, check the notice board in the clubhouse or the court time calendar link below to confirm court availability.
Safety & Responsibility - All players must satisfy themselves that the courts are in a suitable condition to play. We recommend that players do not use the courts if they appear to be slippery due to the weather conditions. We would be grateful for feedback on the courts so please contact the club secretary with any concerns.
The courts are generally in use at the following times, although in summers (grass court season) there may be available courts on an ad-hoc basis during normally “booked” times.
Check out our Court Time Calendar here
Monday: From 18:30 - 22:00 Team matches from April - End of September (check notice board for specific dates)
Monday: From 11.30 - 13.30 Ladies Winter Social from October - End Of March
Tuesday: From 18:00 Adult Social play from April - End of September
Tuesday: From 18:30 Mixed Winter Social from October - End of March
Wednesday: From 18:30 - 22:00 Team matches from April - End of September (check notice board for specific dates)
Wednesday: From 19:00 Mens Winter Social from October - End of March
Thursday: From 18:15 - 20.45 Junior & Adult Coaching in term time
Friday: From 9:30 - 12:30 Adult coaching during term time - all welcome (pay coaching fee on the day) See coaching page for further details
Friday: From 18.30 - 22:00 Team Matches (see notice board for specific dates)
Saturday: From 10 -12.30 Coaching From14:00 Adult Social play
Saturday : From 9 - 10.00 - One hard court available for members at this time
Possible daytime matches and organised social play, check notice board
Note: The floodlights on the hard courts are operated by token. Tokens are available from Paul Cross (Hon Treasurer) for a nominal fee which covers the costs of electricity. Lights should not be used past 22:00 in consideration of local residents.