Court Usage Guidelines
ONLY MEMBERS OF GULLANE LTC can book courts. Please ensure effective social distancing at all times:
1. The Bookings page on www.gullanetennisclub.com is the only place to book a court. To see a video of the court booking process please click here go to https://youtu.be/0kZBph-lRdM
2. To book a court, club members must first sign into Clubspark (via the Sign-in link at top right of website)
3. Bookings are available for all 3 courts and the practice wall. Bookings can be made for between 45 and 75 minutes, made of 3, 4, or 5 x 15-minute slots. All players are asked to leave the courts at least 5 minutes before the end of your booked time.
4. You can book courts up to 14 days ahead.
5. Court booking is free for members. Members are asked to detail the names of who they will be playing with whilst making the booking. Guests can play with a member for a fee of £1.50 per guest per 15 minutes.
6. Each court booking is for a maximum of two players per court (if they are from different households), or a maximum of four per court (2 different households or 4 from the same household).
7. As the clubhouse is closed until further notice the club are not able to supply any tennis balls or tennis rackets.
8. Each player should supply a set of tennis balls, marked for identification (e.g. initials via a Sharpie-style pen). Each player should only hold or serve with the tennis balls they brought with them.
9. Each player should bring and use their own tennis racket.
10. The bolt on the entry gates to court 1 and between courts 2 and 3 should not be applied. Each of these gates should be opened and closed by using your shoes.
11. If during play any tennis balls from your court go onto an adjoining court, please retrieve them when it is safe to do so, ensuring effective social distancing at all times.
12. If you wish to pass back any balls that come into your court from an adjoining court, please only do so by kicking the balls back or using your racket – at no time should you pick them up to return them.
13. If you need to move from court 1 to courts 2 or 3, or from courts 2 or 3 to court 1 (e.g. to collect some tennis balls), you must do so via the gap in the low fence between courts 1 and 2. At no time should the gate between court 1 and 2 be used.
14. Players do not need to switch ends during their play / match. If players decide to switch ends at any time, they must do so on opposite sides of the net to each other, observing effective social distancing from players on other courts at all times.
15. If your tennis ball goes over the fence into the Day Care Centre we are afraid the ball is lost. To avoid possibility of virus transfer, the Day Care Centre will not be returning any tennis balls until further notice; please do not enter the Day Centre’s grounds to retrieve your ball.
16. We strongly suggest you bring some hand sanitiser with you to court. This should be used before and after you touch the entrance gate keypad and the exit turning handle.
CLUBHOUSE ACCESS - Clubhouse access is currently unavailable for anyone except our Club Coach.
Under no circumstances should the clubhouse be accessed by any members or their guests.
As access to the clubhouse is unavailable, the floodlights cannot be used by members until further notice.
ACCESSING THE COURTS
1. The courts are accessible via the locked gate; all members receive the code for the keypad when booking a court.
2. At no time must anyone open the gate for any other players, especially if they say they are members and have forgotten the code; in such instances please refuse to open the gate for them and ask them to check the email they received with their booking. Signs to this effect will be placed on the entry gate.
3. If any member experiences aggressive or concerning comments or behaviour from anyone trying to access the courts, please report this in strictest confidence to the club Safeguarding Officer, Bryan Leslie.
ENJOY YOUR MATCH
Please remember to leave courts as you would wish to find them. Players play at their own risk.