Bucks leagues update

Share this

We have received an update from the Bucks Tennis Competitions Committee regarding the Summer 2020 Competition confirming the following.

Bucks Summer 2020 Competition

- The Summer 2020 Shield Competitions are all CANCELLED (Ladies, Mens and Medley).  

This has been decided following the Government's latest instruction that no more than six people can meet outdoors, and the LTA’s extension of the cancellation of LTA-approved competitions to 26th July 2020 - leaving insufficient time to complete the season even if the guidance were to change from 26th July.

- If the Government guidance changes to allow bigger groups to meet outside and the LTA subsequently update their guidance to allow matches to take place later this summer we may be able to consider playing remaining fixtures as Friendlies (subject to the Club conducting a proper risk assessment to ensure matches take place in line with the latest guidance and measures published by the Government and the LTA as the safety of the players and the venue is paramount) . But for the time being we are advised to assume that matches are NOT taking place, even once it is possible to do so.

All Summer 2020 Fixtures will be carried over to Summer 2021 (Team Entries, Divisions and Entry Fees). Adding or removing Teams will be possible, as usual.

The Winter 2020 / 2021 Competition is planned to start earlier on 1st September if the Government and LTA guidance allows us to do so. Clubs will be contacted in due course and I will advise accordingly.