The following rules are currently in place due to the ongoing pandemic. They may change at any time. We also strongly recommend you read the LTA player guidelines at this link: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
We require all members to conform to these rules otherwise we risk closure of the club which none of us want!
Please also read the following risk assessments and familiarise yourself with the actions required by you when visiting the club:
Covid-19 Rules for Tennis (from September 14th, 2020)
1. For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law. If you have more than six you must split up into smaller groups: for example, if you start with 8 players playing doubles on two courts you have established two groups of four which must remain separate for the rest of that visit.
2. Organised tennis activity for larger groups, including coaching sessions, club sessions and competitions, is permitted as an exception to the limit of six, and so can continue, provided that the activity is in accordance with the COVID-19 Secure guidelines published by the LTA for venus, coaches, players and competitions (already in place). All of these sessions must be pre-booked with the relevant co-ordinator, details of which has been emailed to members.
3. When socialiasing at the club off court you must only congregate in groups of 6 people maximum. This applies both inside and outside the clubhouse. Once you have reached 6 people in your group, any other people shoule be 2 metres away and you cannot change groups. Please be aware that this is not a guideline but a law that we must comply with.
4. Court booking through this website remains mandatory at all times.
5. With regard to Bar and Kitchen usage, from 18th September it will become a mandatory requirement to have a system to collect NHS Test and Trace data, and to keep these details for 21 days. We will therefore be providing a log book in the bar. Anyone purchasing anything MUST fill this in.
6. Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls - however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required). Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
7. Social distancing must be maintained at all times with other users of the club. Please pay particular attention to this when arriving and leaving particularly using the court entrance gates. All padlocks will be removed from the courts for the time being and gates left open.
8. Each player may currently book one session of 90 mins max per day up to 7 days in advance. If you are able to play during the daytime it will probably be less busy & also leave the evening slots available for those still working whether it be from home or at their place of work.
9. If you are bringing a guest please FIRST pay £3 per guest to the club bank account Knoll Lawn Tennis Club (03111450 sort code 30-96-31) THEN email the guest name(s) and visit date to the [email protected] . This must be done BEFORE the visit. The same guest can visit the club a maximum of 6 times in one season. Member must be present and playing on court with the guest(s).
10. Before and after play please do not linger in the club grounds, arrive on time for your game and leave promptly after.