The following rules are currently in place due to the ongoing pandemic. They may change at any time. We also strongly recommend you read the LTA player guidelines at this link: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
Covid-19 Rules for Tennis (from June 1st, 2020)
1. [UPDATED] Both singles play and doubles play is now permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart - meaning that four people from different households can now play doubles
2. [UPDATED] Players do not now need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls - however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required). Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible - use your racquet/foot to return them.
3. (UPDATED] The clubhouse remains closed for now, you may only enter in an emergency - to use the Defibrillator or First Aid Box - and also to use the toilet facilities.
4. SOCIAL DISTANCING must be maintained at all times with other users of the club. Please pay particular attention to this when arriving and leaving particularly using the court entrance gates. All padlocks will be removed from the courts for the time being and gates left open.
5. Players must book a court using https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/KnollLawnTennisClub prior to arriving at the club. When booking there is a limit of 90 minutes court time per session and we ask that you leave the club grounds no later than 5 mins before the next slot to allow players to move around without encountering one another.
6. Each player may currently book one session of 90 mins max per day up to 7 days in advance. If you are able to play during the daytime it will probably be less busy & also leave the evening slots available for those still working whether it be from home or at their place of work.
7. If you are bringing a guest please FIRST pay £3 per guest to the club bank account (03111450 sort code 30-96-31) THEN email the guest name and visit date to the email@example.com AND ONLY AFTER THEN play.
8. Carry hand sanitizer with you at all times and use before and after play.
9. Before and after play please do not linger in the club grounds, arrive on time for your game and leave promptly after.