The following rules are currently in place due to the ongoing pandemic. They may change at any time. We also strongly recommend you read the LTA player guidelines at this link: https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
Covid-19 Rules for Tennis
- The toilet and clubhouse facilities will remain CLOSED at this time. (You may only enter in an emergency - to use the Defibrillator or First Aid Box)
- You may play SINGLES with a person from another household (club member or guests allowed - max 6 times per year per guest). When booking to play with a guest, the member must email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the guest/date & time of session booked plus confirmation that the fee of £3 has been paid direct to the club bank a/c no. 03111450 sort code 30-96-31.
- You may play SINGLES or DOUBLES if playing within your own household.
- When booking there is a limit of 90 minutes court time per session and we ask that you leave the club grounds no later than 5 mins before the next slot to allow players to move around without encountering one another.
- Each household may currently book 7 sessions of 90 mins max per week up to 7 days in advance. If you are able to play during the daytime it will probably be less busy & also leave the evening slots available for those still working whether it be from home or at their place of work.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING must be maintained at all times with other users of the club. Please pay particular attention to this when arriving and leaving particularly using the court entrance gates. All padlocks will be removed from the courts for the time being and gates left open.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you at all times and use before and after play.
- To minimize contamination of equipment, each member should have their own set of balls marked with a distinguishing feature so they do not get mixed up with other members. If a stray ball comes onto your court please pass it back using only your racket or foot to kick it, do not pick it up.
- During play please do not change ends unless you go via opposite sides of the net.
- Before and after play please do not linger in the club grounds, arrive on time for your game and leave promptly after.