Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
If you see, hear or experience something whilst at the club which makes you uncomfortable, report it to the club's Welfare Officers at email@example.com. Our club Welfare Officers, Kate Engineer and Pat Taylor, can also be contacted by phone: their numbers are on the club phone list, on notices in the clubhouse and on the club information sheet you were sent with your membership receipt.
If someone has a problem
If you are approached by a child or vulnerable adult who has a problem, you should
- Reassure the child/adult that s/he is right to report the behaviour
- Listen carefully and calmly to him/her
- Keep questions to a minimum – and never ask leading questions
- Do not promise secrecy. Inform him/her that you must report your conversation to the Club's Welfare/Safeguarding Officers (Kate Engineer and Pat Taylor) and/or the LTA Safeguarding Team (and the police in an emergency) because it is in his/her best interest
- REPORT IT! If someone is in immediate danger call the police (999), otherwise talk to the Club's Welfare/Safeguarding Officers (Kate Engineer and Pat Taylor can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or the LTA Safeguarding Team as soon as possible. Once reported, the Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team will work with you to ensure the safety and well-being of the child/adult at risk
- Do not permit personal doubt prevent you from reporting the concern/disclosure
- Make an immediate objective written record of the conversation using the Reporting a Concern Form. Make certain you distinguish between what the person has actually said and the inferences you may have made. Your report should be sent to the LTA Safeguarding Team within 48 hours of the incident, who will store it safely.
The full text of the Club's Safeguarding policy can be found here>>.
More detailed information about related policies regarding Diversity & Inclusion, Bullying, Online Safety and Communication, Photography & Filming Guidance etc can be found in the Club Policies menu under the Membership section.