Club news & events
Resumption of doubles: Members are now able to play doubles at the club with players from different households in accordance with the new guidance for players issued by the LTA here >>. As we are still in the middle of a very serious pandemic, it is important that all members maintain 2-metre social distancing and observe the LTA and club rules, including those summarised below:
- All play must be pre-booked via our Clubspark booking system
- You may book only one hour a day on Court 4 and up to 1.5 hours on Courts 1-3
- To book for 1.5 hours on Courts 1-3: change the 'View as Member' button at the top right of the booking screen to 'View as Max'
- No member should play more than a single booking of 1 or 1.5 hours of adult tennis in a day
- No member should play adult tennis more than four times in a week
- Please try to avoid leaving 30 minute gaps between bookings
- Bookings can be made 4 days in advance
- Bookings not needed must be cancelled well in advance
- Please do not enter the club before the start time of your booking and leave the court 5 minutes before the end of your booked time
- Please use the sanitiser from the dispenser just inside the gate or beside the clubhouse door when you arrive and when you leave
- Please bring your own tennis balls that have a distinguishing mark on them
- Please close all court gates when you leave by using your racket or by other means to avoid touching the gate with your hands
- It is vital that the court gates are closed in order that foxes cannot get on the courts
- For the time being the clubhouse will remain closed except for using the toilets
- Members may not bring guests for the time being
- Please attach your Parking Permit to your windscreen 31 May
Reopening of the club toilets: Club members are now able to enter the clubhouse but ONLY to use the men's or ladies' loo. Please observe the following rules:
- maximum of two members in the clubhouse at a time having used sanitiser before entering - children must be accompanied by an adult
- use of cleaning materials provided in changing rooms before use of loo and after
- use of paper towels for hand drying must be disposed of in bins provided
- please do not put disposable wipes in the loo
Please note that the kitchen remains out of bounds at present as do the changing room for changing.
Please also be aware that the last person leaving the club at any point in the day and especially in the evening is responsible for ensuring that the door to the clubhouse is double locked and the metal gate closed.
A general reminder: it is an LTA requirement that all courts users must use the sanitiser on arrival and departure.
Please keep up the good work of ensuring court gates are closed, particularly at the end of day. 18 Jun
New Junior coaching programme: Please click here >> for details. 17 Jun
New Singles tennis ladder: We have started a new Singles Ladder for all members, all ages, ability and gender. Please click here >> for details. 13 Oct
Joe's tennis tips: Joe has posted three videos on the club's Facebook page to keep us connected with our tennis. Click here >> to see them. 20 Apr
Work goes on: This is the time of year when major work is done in order to prepare the courts for summer.
- On 1 April, all 4 courts were sprayed with moss killer.
- On 1 May, Courts 1-3 were decompacted, which revives the pile and aims to restore the surface to its original state. All 4 courts were power brushed and new infill was applied – rubber granules on Courts 1-3 and sand on Court 4. All this work should ensure the courts now play well.
- The grass bank which was remodelled last autumn is looking better and new grass is growing. The gardeners have said they will rake it in due course and if necessary add some more seed.
- Before the clubhouse was closed down, the fridge was duly emptied, defrosted and cleaned.
- A new clubhouse door has been fitted so hopefully no more problems of sticking. The same locks were reused, so no need for new keys.
- And we have a new postbox at the entrance gate. 1 May
Club membership renewal: Our Membership Secretary Nigel Fox and Treasurer Mike Lee have received a total of 198 renewals - 148 adults and 50 juniors. Thank you to these members who have renewed. However, if you are intending to renew and are able to do so please send in your form as soon as possible as we still have a waiting list for the remaining places. If the courts are unavailable beyond April we will offer proportionate refunds or a discount of next year's membership. 21 Apr
League matches: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, Middlesex Tennis have confirmed that both Winter and Summer League Competitions are cancelled, and no more matches will be played. 26 Mar
Claire Unwin's report: Read our Club Captain's report to this year's AGM here >>
Supervision of Juniors: When children attend formal coaching sessions or holiday camps, they are supervised by the coaches concerned. However, when junior members and their guests use the club's facilities at any other time that is permitted by the club, parents and guardians must understand that there are no staff on the premises to safeguard, supervise or assist children, and at times there may not be any adults present at all. Parents must therefore accept complete responsibility for their juniors and guests when using the facilities of the club and the neighbouring North Bank estate, and either arrange for their play to be supervised or knowingly allow them to play unsupervised. 19 Nov
Safeguarding & Diversity: The LTA have asked us to make all members aware of their responsibilities when it comes to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. There will shortly be a new noticeboard in the clubhouse with guidance and details of our Welfare Officers who will deal with any issues. In the meantime, you can find advice on what to do if you have a concern in the 'Emergencies' section of the Membership area of the website, and full details of the safeguarding, diversity and other polices in the 'Club policies' section. 20 Aug
Clubhouse Security: If court 4 is the only court being used and there is no-one in the clubhouse, in the interests of security please lock the clubhouse. 19 Nov
Court 4 bookings: Since October 2018 it has been possible to book Court 4 at times that were previously reserved for the North Bank Estate. Court 4 is still a shared resource with the estate, but we have removed the restrictions on booking for both parties: club members and the estate can now book Court 4 with equal priority at any time when the court is not being used for priority events such as coaching or club sessions. However estate users are not able to book Courts 1 to 3. We know that Court 4 has now become very popular, and in order to give estate users fair access to Court 4, club members are encouraged to try to book Courts 1 to 3 in preference to Court 4, especially at weekends. 16 May
Volunteers needed for working parties: A couple of times a year we get together a working party to do some maintenance work round the club, e.g. leaf clearing, weeding, cutting back foliage, clearing the gutter. Ian Jeffries keeps a list of volunteers that he calls upon when needs arise (no compulsion if you are unavailable!), so please email Ian at email@example.com if you are willing to be added to the list. Working parties usually take place at 10am on a Sunday and last a couple of hours. 19 Apr
Parking outside The Paddock: We have had an arrangement with The Paddock for many years allowing club members to use the sheltered housing parking providing we leave a minimum of two spaces for visitors to the residents. Please keep this in mind when you are using these spaces. 29 Aug
Facebook page: The club now has its own Facebook page. You can access it from the foot of the homepage of this website (click on the F logo). We have already uploaded some cool videos and we look forward to our members contributing to the site. 25 Apr