Discover Barnet Tennis
There are over 50 tennis courts available in Barnet, across 22 of our parks and green spaces.
All courts must be booked in advance, Hendon park and Victoria park are subject charges these are £7 per hour, and £3.60 per (Price are due to increase from 04/09/2023) hour for concessionary users. All other courts are currently free to play.
To see a list of all the park courts within the Borough - click on the Barnet Venues tab at the top of this page.
Updated Charging Policy – 4 September 2023
From Monday 4 September 2023 a new charging model is being introduced across all courts in Barnet’s parks, this will include;
The introduction of Annual Season Tickets - on sale from Monday 14 August 2023
- Adults £35 (per year)
- Concessions £15 (per year Under 16s and over 60s)
- Holders will be able to make two 1 hour bookings per week at no extra charge
Non annual season ticket holders;
- Hourly charge in line with the councils current fees and charges.
- Adults £8.00 per hour
- Concessions £4.00 per hour
Free to play sessions
- Mon- Fri, 10-11am, 4-5pm and 5-6pm across all courts.
Barnet Council are now operating a Coach Licence scheme for those who wish to coach on a park site.
LTA accredited coaches with a Level 3 (or above) qualification can apply for a licence to coach at any Barnet park.
Licences will be issued for the period of 1 year and awarded on a site by site basis, each licence will cost £200. Once a licence application has been approved, coaches will be able to book up to 3 hours per day at the chosen site(s) and up to 14 days in advance. Multiple licences for coaching at more than 1 venue can be requested.
Please note that you may not be the only licensed coach at your chosen venue. Where sites have between 1 – 3 courts there may be a maximum of 2 coaches at any time. Where we have 4+ courts there may be a maximum of 3 coaches at any time.
Should you wish to apply for a Coach Licence to deliver coaching in one of the borough's parks please click here. Please note you will need to set up a new APPLY4 account if you do not already have one - this is a simple and quick process.
Only Licenced coaches will be permitted to coach in the parks.
To date, the following list of coaches have been granted a licence:
- Leonard Burns (Mill Hill Park) https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/LeonardBurnsClubCoaching/
- Andre Pereira (Montrose Park) Email: email@example.com Tel: 07501 357864
- Jonty Solomons (Sunnyhill Park) www.topshottennis.net Tel: 07956 524428