Wed, 13 May 2020 00:00
Previously, the membership year has run from 1st April to 31st March each year. In light of the current situation, we have decided to move it from 1st June to 31st May for this year and subsequent years, to ensure our members are not disadvantaged by recent court closure because of Covid 19. We have also this year introduced an electronic membership form, this ideally could be emailed back and the membership fees sent electronically. If this is not possible you can post it to Stuart with a cheque ( see details on membership form). We have also included on the membership form boxes to sign that you have read the GDPR policy and tick to say you have read the safeguarding policy ( compulsory) also optional tick to say your photo/ video can be used for our publicity.
Courts will reopen on Thursday 14th May 2020 under these restrictions:
The LTA has developed a set of practical guidelines for venues to follow so that tennis can be played in a way that is in line with Government advice and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our aim is to introduce measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
• No access to hut or village hall (Please note this means there will no access to toilets, water or floodlights). First aid box still available in the hut in case of emergencies only.
• Members may play doubles if they are playing with members of the same household or singles if they are playing against a person from another household. Remember, you are allowed to take a guest to play against. Guest fees are £2 for adults and £1 for children. Please pay by BACs if possible or post to Stuart (see membership form)
• We advise that you don’t swap ends during play and that you don’t share balls to reduce any risk.
• Nets will be left at correct height and handles removed.
• Please continue to employ hand hygiene measures – we suggest sanitising hands before and after playing on the courts and either use gloves or wipes to prevent contamination from gate handle and lock.
We anticipate that many of you will be looking forward to enjoying a game of tennis after such a long time in lockdown. We don’t currently see the need for a booking system but it’s something we could consider if we think it becomes needed. In the meantime, the club’s current rule is that if members turn up for a game and both courts are already in use, those already on court should limit their game to one hour.
We hope you love the work we’ve done to the courts – we think they look amazing and we can’t wait to get back to playing tennis again. We thank you for supporting your local club during the current situation.
Bassline Tennis will be able to provide 1:1 coaching.
We will be continuing to review LTA and government guidelines and will implement any changes where necessary.