Code of Conduct
Anyone entering Richmond Lawn Tennis Club or applying for membership agrees to abide by our code of conduct.
- All members, visitors and guests should be treated in a friendly and respectful manner at all times.
- Members should report any unfriendly and disrespectful behaviour to a committee member.
- Anyone behaving in an unfriendly and disrespectful manner can be asked to leave the club.
- Members agree to promote a positive image of the club and not make any derogatory statement regarding the club or its members in any public forum.
- All members, visitors and guests should treat club facilities and resources respectfully and appropriately.
- All players on court should behave reasonably and in a manner that shows respect for other players and spectators.
- Players should not act in a manner that detracts from the enjoyment of players on other courts.
- Swearing on court is not permitted.
- Line calls can only be called by players on the side of the court that the ball lands, unless they ask for help from their opponents.
- Line calls may be questioned but not disputed – the line caller may offer to play a let.
- Balls straying onto occupied neighbouring courts should not be retrieved. Players should politely ask for balls to be returned at an appropriate moment.
- Unsporting behaviour is not acceptable.
- Players should wear sports clothing and tennis footwear on court.
- No glass is allowed on any court.
- Members are welcome to bring guests to the club. The member must ensure their guest(s) pay the relevant guest fee before playing at each visit. Guest fees are £6.50 per adult, £3.50 per child (under 23yrs), £10.50 for guests to Social Club Tennis.
- Members who bring guests who do not pay guest fees may be asked to pay a fine of £25
- No person may be a guest more than 4 times in any membership year. If a member brings the same guest more than 4 times, they will be asked to pay a £100 fine which will go the floodlight sinking fund.
- Smoking is not permitted in the clubhouse or on courts.
- Grass courts open at 10.30am each day except on Fridays when they open at 6pm.
- Players must not play on grass courts when grass is wet as this may cause damage to the courts.
- Court gates should be shut when players leave the court.
- Players should take all tennis balls, debris, cups, tennis ball containers etc from the court when they leave the court.
Health and safety
- All members, visitors and guests should make the health and safety of themselves, and others, a priority.
- All accidents must be reported to The Club Chairman AND Club Secretary within 24 hours.
Equality and diversity
- Harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual including sexual or racially based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal is not acceptable.
- Any member, guest or visitor who believes they have experienced discriminatory behaviour should contact the club’s Welfare Officer.
Read our Diversity and Inclusion Policy