We are pleased to announce that as of Tues 18th August, Club Night is back on Tuesdays from 630pm onwards for all members. Please come down and have a game with your fellow members! All usual social distancing rules apply as normal.
Court booking rules:
- Members only - please visit our membership page for information on membership packages.
- Members may bring guests, but please email us in advance of play with details of who they are and please pay your guest fee (£5 for adults, £3 for juniors) into the club account.
- Courts must be booked in advance - no turn up and play allowed. Visit our booking page to book your court.
- There is a 30 min booking buffer period between booking slots to limit contact between parties. Please only play for your allotted slot; do not play on into this buffer period.
- No parking by the road outside the main gate - please drive in and park by the tennis club.
- Booking slots begin and end on each court simultaneously, so please be aware that your group may be arriving and leaving at the same time as a group on the other court - please respect all social distancing rules entering and exiting the courts.
- Both singles and doubles play is now permitted, whether from your own household or not.
- When meeting a member of another household to play singles or doubles please observe sensible social distancing at all times (no talking / shaking hands at the net, change ends via opposite sides, pass balls by kicking / hitting to each other).
- No one on court apart from the players, except for a parent needed to supervise two young players.
- Bring and use your own balls, and take them away with you afterwards.
- Wash your hands before and after play - antibacterial soap by the outside tap (on the back fence behind the hut on the right, just inside the gate)
- Please use hand sanitiser gel as much as required - one dispenser by the entrance and another between the courts.
We are following the guidance as set out by the LTA. To read their latest advice on staying safe whilst enjoying tennis, please visit the LTA Coronavirus Update page
Please be aware that any breach of these rules may result in the courts being closed again.
The Priors Tennis Club Manifesto
Our mission is to create a friendly, open and welcoming environment for families in our community to enjoy tennis at whatever level suits them.
We are committed to:
- Providing a sociable, friendly and safe environment for our members
- Offering a professional and flexible coaching programme to all
- Offering regular weekly club sessions, all year round
- Ensuring tennis sessions are fun and engaging
- Developing junior tennis players
- Encouraging members to play competitively in local leagues
- Sustaining and growing membership
- Taking advantage of LTA initiatives
- Putting on engaging events
- Listening to what our members want