Club / LTA Covid Update - 30 December 2020
The Government have today announced changes to the tiers which areas of the country will be in from midnight tonight. The Greater Manchester area, being the area the Club is situated in, is being moved into tier 4. In accordance with Government and LTA guidance and requirements, this means we are still able to maintain tennis playing at the Club, which is obviously good news for health and wellbeing needs. However, this is with specific limitations on the types of playing allowed.
The following is a summary of the rules which will apply from tomorrow at the Club until further notice. Please read these and ensure you are following the Clubs requirements.
Club COVID Measures:
It is a requirement that you use the booking system in order to play. This is a key part of the social distancing rules we need to implement. Please go to our Membership page if you are not currently a member to sign up to one of our membership packages that suit a variety of circumstances. Alternatively you can "pay and play" as a non-member, booking and paying online.
To ensure fairness in allowing members chance to be able to have good access to the courts, we have set up certain rules within the booking system as follows:
- A booking can be for one and a half hours maximum
- A maximum of 3 bookings can be made within each 7 day period
- Bookings are permissible up to 14 days in advance
- Courts 1, 2 and 3 to 7 are fully open for bookings
- Singles play is allowed with anyone both within or outside of your household
- Doubles play is allowed, but only with people from your own household/bubble
- One to one coaching is still available
- Junior group coaching sessions will continue as normal
- Adult group sessions cannot be undertaken and so will discontinue until further notice
- For juniors only, competition play within the same area can continue
Health and Safety Rules
- All individuals attending the club site are required to maintain 2m social distancing whether playing or not
- Physical distancing of 2m is to be used
- Members should use the hand sanitiser provided when entering and leaving the courts, and when coming in to contact with gates and locks, etc
- Bring your own tennis balls and write your initials on the balls to distinguish them from any others being used by other players
- Maintain 2m distancing when changing ends during play
- no socialising is allowed either before or after play
- The Clubhouse remains closed except to coaching staff and should not be used by members. Members should use the toilet at home prior to arriving at the club, and should ensure they bring drinks required for their period of play
- We suggest you bring your own antibacterial wipes and hand sanitiser and respectfully request you wipe all areas you have come into contact with
- Please ensure you maintain all other hygiene requirements of washing hands thoroughly after play, and do not touch your face with your hands
- You must stay at home if you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell or showing any coronavirus symptoms under the required self isolation rules, ie displaying;
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss, or change to, sense of smell or taste
- Do not play if you are self isolating for any reason
If you have any questions on the above, please contact a member of the Committee
With our very best wishes to you and your families. Take care and stay safe.