Mini Tennis : GREEN 9-13yr
Mini Tennis Green is played on a full size tennis court with bigger balls which are a little softer than Yellow balls; this slows the ball down allowing more time for shot selection and positioning. It’s the last stage before moving on to Full size Court. There are aslo individual and team competitions, with scorining extended to short sets.
GREEN 3 (Beginner)
GREEN 2 (Intermediate)
- Monday 5-6pm (12-15yr) - Nardo
- Tuesday 5-6pm (11-13yr) - Sean
- Wednesday 5-6pm (10-13y) - Lucia
- Saturday 12-1pm (11-15yr) - Sean
GREEN 1 (Advanced)
GREEN Squad & Competition (Playing Twice a week or more, Entering Competion of thinking about it)
- Monday 6-7pm (By Invitation Only) - Lucia
- Wednesday 4-5pm (By Invitation Only) - Lucia
- Thursday 5-6pm (By Invitation Only) - Lucia
What ball is used?
A green ball is used, which is 25% slower than a yellow ball.
What racquet is best to use?
A bigger racquet of 25” – 27” should be used but is not compulsory.
- Racquets can be provided for the coaching courses but at this stage players will start to look at buying more advanced equipment; the coach can advise on the most appropriate items, taking in to consideration size and budget.
- Players should arrive changed, wearing comfortable sports clothing and non marking trainers or tennis shoes
- We recommend that children arrive at least 15 minutes before so that they are ready for the start of the session