Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Code of Conduct
The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect, and to ensure that members, non-members and visiting teams are not denied access to our tennis venue because of a discriminatory reason.
Our commitment is to:
- Establish an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Ensure that all members and visitors are treated fairly and with respect.
- Promote the LTA's Fair Play values within all tennis activities.
- Eliminate discrimination by reason of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religion or disability.
- Oppose all forms of harassment, bullying or abuse whether it is physical, verbal or online.
- Encourage the development of coaches in order to achieve greater diversity and inclusion within tennis.
- Ensure there is an immediate investigation of any complaints of discrimination.
Code of Conduct
We have a Code of Conduct which summarises our approach on Safeguarding and Inclusion:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and vulnerable adults at all times.
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking.
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court and promote the Fair Play values.
- Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs.
- Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media.
- Check you have the relevant consent from parents before taking or using photos and videos of children.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear, and everyone has the information and training to carry them out.
- Where possible, do not be alone with a child or vulnerable adult.
- Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such.
- Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible.
Note - it is illegal to have a relationship with someone who is under 18 years old if you are in a position of trust. It is illegal to have a sexual relationship with anyone under the age of 16 whether they give consent or not.